Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Westland
Service Desk employee
Apply no later than Friday, March 1, 2024
Comes to fruition in the municipality of Westland. Within our organization you get the best out of yourself. This is how you blossom! As a person and as a professional. You will be given the space to actively think along and show initiative. That is also necessary. Our environment is changing quickly, so we change with it. That is also why our goal is to work with all employees in a mission-oriented manner in the coming years. As an agile and learning organization, we are constantly looking ‘outwards’. To know what’s going on. And what we should focus on. That dynamic appeals to you. This is how we build a beautiful Westland together!
As a service desk employee
- Monitor the progress of handling incidents and changes.
- Make your changes and requests for different users.
- You are involved in troubleshooting and identifying problems.
- Analyze disruptions and bottlenecks and advise the second line and suppliers on possible solution guidelines for complex problems.
- Build up your in-depth knowledge of the IT landscape, including cloud facilities and services integration.
- Solve as many incidents and problems as possible yourself. This is based on this knowledge and thus relieves the burden on other colleagues, in accordance with the shift left principle.
- Keep track of your best practice solutions for incidents and problems in a knowledge database.
The Service Desk is part of the Information & Automation task field within the 1st line where as many customer questions as possible are handled directly. These colleagues are the calling card of the Operations cluster. Customer focus and quality are important values for the team. And by working integrally, we want our customers to feel helped: by providing a feeling of trust, thinking along in a solution-oriented manner and acting proactively.
As a Service Desk employee you are the first point of contact for IT disruptions in the organization. You are also the sparring partner for your colleagues at the Service Desk. You participate in IT-related projects and are able to quickly master new techniques. After completing a project, you ensure that your other Service Desk colleagues are provided with the correct information to manage the new technology.
You recognize yourself in this
Do you have a passion for IT? Are you customer-oriented and do you get satisfaction from supporting end users? Can you identify an issue like no other and then solve it? Then you are the service desk employee for the Municipality of Westland.
You have gained extensive work experience at an ICT Service Desk and know how to identify the different processes better than anyone. In addition, you are committed to providing a high level of service and you always put the end user first. This also means that you have a good dose of technical knowledge. You also have an ambitious character, you are flexible, analytical and you do not shy away from a challenge. You are at your best when you are given the freedom to take initiative. Regardless of the problem, you always know how to keep a cool head and remain customer and service-oriented.
You also have:
- At least an MBO 4 diploma in ICT
- You have at least 3 years of work experience
- You have experience with TopDesk, Active Directory, Exchange, Office (365), Windows 10/11 and have an ITIL certification
- Certificates Windows 10/11 and Office 365 are a must
- A good command of the Dutch and English language
You don’t do it for nothing
- You make the difference for residents of the municipality of Westland
- You earn a gross salary of a maximum of €4,244 based on 36 hours
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% on top of your salary that gives you part of your holiday pay and end-of-year bonus every month. You can have an amount paid out or use it for, among other things, purchasing a bicycle or purchasing extra-statutory leave
- Room for growth through our Westland Academy
- Flexible working hours that suit contemporary working
- The possibility to work partly from home with a laptop and mobile phone from the municipality
- Contribution to the costs of commuting and work from home allowance
- Annual contribution to the costs of health insurance
- Premium discount on various insurance policies
- Paid parental leave scheme for our expectant parents
- Pension scheme through the ABP
(Maybe) What for you?
Does this suit you? Then apply immediately. Do you have any questions? Contact Jeffrey Mesker on 0683297417 or send a message via Whatsapp.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Frank Saijoen from the Municipality of Westland (
+31 6 51564651)
About the organization
With over 100,000 inhabitants, the municipality of Westland is one of the thirty largest municipalities in the Netherlands. With its greenhouse horticulture, the municipality of Westland is an important economic engine. Westland is located between the metropolitan areas of The Hague, Delft and Rotterdam on one side and the coast on the other. A vital economy and a flourishing community life ensure a dynamic and active municipality. Strength and ambition, innovation and professionalism; These are the core concepts that Westland is all about.
more about the Municipality of Westland >
Avenue of the Glass City 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.