Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Westland
Service Desk employee
Apply no later than Wednesday, February 28, 2024
The Service Desk is part of the Information & Automation task field within the 1st line where as many customer questions as possible are handled directly. These colleagues are the calling card of the Operations cluster. Customer focus and quality are important values for the team. And by working integrally, we want our customers to feel helped: by providing a feeling of trust, thinking along in a solution-oriented manner and acting proactively.
As a Service Desk employee you are the first point of contact for IT disruptions in the organization. You are also the sparring partner for your colleagues at the Service Desk. You participate in IT-related projects and are able to quickly master new techniques. After completing a project, you ensure that your other Service Desk colleagues are provided with the correct information to manage the new technology.
As a Service Desk Employee:
- Monitor the progress of handling incidents and changes.
- Make your changes and requests for different users.
- You are involved in troubleshooting and identifying problems.
- Analyze disruptions and bottlenecks and advise the second line and suppliers on possible solution guidelines for complex problems.
- Build up your in-depth knowledge of the IT landscape, including cloud facilities and services integration.
- Solve as many incidents and problems as possible yourself. This is based on this knowledge and thus relieves the burden on other colleagues, in accordance with the shift left principle.
- Keep track of your best practice solutions for incidents and problems in a knowledge database.
Do you have a passion for IT? Are you customer-oriented and do you get satisfaction from supporting end users? Can you identify an issue like no other and then solve it? Then you are the service desk employee for the Municipality of Westland.
You have gained extensive work experience at an ICT Service Desk and know how to identify the different processes better than anyone. In addition, you are committed to providing a high level of service and you always put the end user first. This also means that you have a good dose of technical knowledge. You also have an ambitious character, you are flexible, analytical and you do not shy away from a challenge. You are at your best when you are given the freedom to take initiative. Regardless of the problem, you always know how to keep a cool head and remain customer and service-oriented. You also have:
- At least an MBO 4 diploma in ICT
- You have at least 3 years of work experience
- You have experience with TopDesk, Active Directory, Exchange, Office (365), Windows 10/11 and have an ITIL certification
- Certificates Windows 10/11 and Office 365 are a must
- A good command of the Dutch and English language
- You will be classified based on experience. The salary is a maximum of €4,244.00 gross (for 36 hours), according to the collective labor agreement of the municipality
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere
- A laptop and a company mobile phone
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% with, among other things, the option to purchase holiday hours and purchase a bicycle
- A pension scheme through the ABP in which the Municipality of Westland will pay 2/3rds
- An extensive package of secondary employment conditions, such as travel expenses and an employer contribution to the costs of health insurance
- Plenty of development opportunities
Contact Jeffrey Mesker Recruiter: call 06-83297417 or send a message via WhatsApp.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
About the municipality of Westland
Westland. The Glass City. Thanks to the most innovative agricultural sector in the world, we are the fifth largest economy in the Netherlands. With more than 110,000 residents who live, work, learn and recreate here. In an environment that is changing rapidly, we are constantly looking for a new balance. A balance between a growing economy and quality of life. Between accessibility and a healthy environment. And between investing in new developments and caring for people who are having a hard time.
If you work at the municipality of Westland, you contribute to our municipal organization and the growth of this unique area. The challenges are great. The opportunities to grow too.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Jeffrey Mesker from the Municipality of Westland (
About the organization
With over 100,000 inhabitants, the municipality of Westland is one of the thirty largest municipalities in the Netherlands. With its greenhouse horticulture, the municipality of Westland is an important economic engine. Westland is located between the metropolitan areas of The Hague, Delft and Rotterdam on one side and the coast on the other. A vital economy and a flourishing community life ensure a dynamic and active municipality. Strength and ambition, innovation and professionalism; These are the core concepts that Westland is all about.
more about the Municipality of Westland >
Avenue of the Glass City 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.