Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Vlaardingen
Senior Information Specialist with a coordinating role
Apply no later than Saturday 15 April 2023
Senior information specialist
With a coordinating role
The information management profession holds no secrets for you. Based on your expertise, you guide your colleagues in the team in professionalizing their work. One of your goals is to better profile and position the team within the organization.
The municipality of Vlaardingen has ambitions to professionalize the services provided to citizens and businesses. We do this, among other things, by organizing information management, digitizing it and working in a case-oriented manner. We are also in the process of implementing a new business system.
This is what you will do
Our information specialists are responsible for the information management of the entire organization. In your position you are an information specialist, but you also have a coordinating role in, among other things, the implementation of the new case system. For this you work closely with colleagues from the information management and ICT teams. In addition, you are a point of contact and source of information for your colleagues within the information management team in complex matters. You are well aware of everything that is going on in the field and you use this to professionalize the team.
Your work in short:
- You coordinate the activities of information management, such as the design and implementation of the new case system and case-oriented work. For example, you check whether the work is being performed properly.
- You contribute to the improvement and renewal of information management and the profiling and positioning of the information management team within the organization.
- You advise and support in developing and improving information management processes.
- You carry out various projects together with information management and ICT.
- You will coordinate and coordinate the approach and implementation of (sub) projects related to information management.
- In the absence of the manager, you are the first point of contact for the information management team.
Who are you?
You are a true information management professional. You are analytically strong and work accurately and structured. With your knowledge and experience you see and use opportunities to improve and renew information management. Within the organization you are the source of information when it comes to coordinating the activities of information management. You are a networker: after all, you are the connecting link between the team and the colleagues in the organization. You have organized your work well, but you can also switch if your day goes a little differently than planned. If your colleagues need help, you are there for them (the other way around, of course)
What else is important to us:
- You have HBO working and thinking level, and a completed education within the field such as HBO information management or SOD II.
- You have at least 3 years of work experience as a senior information specialist/DIV employee.
- You are familiar with the Archives Act, the Open Government Act and the GDPR.
- You have experience with process improvement and case-oriented working.
Together with your new team
Your new team, Information Management, is responsible for managing the digital and analogue information flows within the organization. It supports and advises colleagues and ensures the structured storage, management and destruction of information in accordance with the Archives Act, Woo and GDPR. It is a team of 15 fte that is constantly developing and where cooperation, humor and expertise are important.
At the municipality of Vlaardingen we look at society. Together with residents, entrepreneurs and organizations, we are working on the development of Vlaardingen. Our working environment is changing and our organization is changing with it. We do this professionally, where initiative is highly appreciated. We are all different and therefore we complement each other and work towards promised results, with room to learn and a sense of pride.
This is what we have to offer you
First of all an interesting challenge in a beautiful growing municipality! In addition, we attach great importance to good working conditions and work-life balance, so that you can be energetic and involved at work. What did you think about:
- Salary from €3,090.00 to €4,671.00 gross based on 36 hours (salary scale 10). Depending on knowledge and experience.
- A good ABP pension.
- Individual Choice Budget of 17.05% of your salary, which you can use as you wish for extra days off or other personal wishes.
- Flexible working hours: Your working week lasts 32 or 36 hours, in consultation you share this as it works best for you and the organization.
- Possibilities for further development. Do you see opportunities? Discuss it with your manager.
- Hybrid working: Our town hall is located in the heart of the city centre. We also work partly at home. We provide the right facilities. The post and scan work is done at the office.
- More than 50 training courses in our own “Vlaardingen” School, so that you can always continue to work on your personal development.
- An annual contract, which can be converted into permanent employment if it proves to be suitable and circumstances have not changed. We like to invest in a long-term relationship.
Learn more or apply immediately?
Are you the one we are looking for, but do you still have questions about the position or the procedure? Feel free to call Ejatu Jallo-Jamboria, team manager Information Management, on (010) 248 4000. Would you just like to drink a (digital) cup of coffee or tea and discuss the possibilities? Our recruiter Suzan van Os is happy to talk to you. She can be reached on (010) 248 4364.
Or apply directly via the application button!
There is no closing date for this vacancy. When we receive a suitable resume, we will contact you as soon as possible.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Suzan van Os of the Municipality of Vlaardingen (
(010) 248 4364)
About the organization
Vlaardingen is harbours, herring, water, green, history and social on the Nieuwe Maas!
At the municipality of Vlaardingen, the windows and doors are open. Together with residents, entrepreneurs and organizations in our city, we are working on the development of Vlaardingen. Our working environment is changing and our organization is changing with it. We do this professionally, on the basis of equality and with guts.
We are looking for talents to further shape this together with us. We appreciate your own initiative and we prefer to see you active for our city together with Vlaardingers as much as possible.
Together we work on promised results, with room to learn and a sense of pride.
more about Municipality of Vlaardingen >
West New Zealand 6
010 248 4000
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.