Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede
Senior Information Advisor
Apply no later than Wednesday, December 6, 2023
SENIOR INFORMATION ADVISOR (32-36 hours)
Are you an experienced information professional and can you provide solicited and unsolicited advice about existing or new information facilities? Are you a strong discussion partner for suppliers and regional partners? Then we are looking for you!
This is how you make the difference
You are an advisor who knows how to tackle things and can think, work and act across the breadth of the field. Your advisory and policy-related activities as an Information Advisor are aimed at information management, information policy and information planning. You can think conceptually and analytically and you are a connector, so you naturally take stakeholders into account. In addition, you can work well together and enjoy contributing to the further development of the team. An all-round and varied position!
This is what you’re going to do
- Initiate and contribute to the development of the vision and policy regarding Information Provision through information management, information policy and information planning;
- Collecting the needs from the professional departments in the field of software and process issues;
- Contribute to the implementation, realization, reporting and evaluation of the projects from the Information Plan and Security Plan and monitor quality;
- Setting up and managing the information architecture, data model and data flows;
- Process Manager Functional Management; supervising functional managers of the municipality and organizing functional manager consultations;
- Advises on, contributes to and monitors application harmonization and cooperation in the field of functional management with regional municipalities;
- Monitoring and advising on national developments (Digital Agenda 2024 / Open Data, Digital System in support of the Environmental Act, Common Ground);
- You participate in the internal change consultation and the regional consultation of Information Advisors and chair the I-advice in Wijk bij Duurstede.
- Depending on your experience and education, we offer a salary between €3,396 and a maximum of €5,009 gross per month (scale 10);
- On top of your salary you will receive an Individual Choice Budget (IKB) of 17.05%
- You can choose whether, for example, you buy extra vacation days or whether you have the budget paid out;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as partially paid parental leave, travel expenses and/or home working allowance and a one-off allowance for setting up your home workplace. We provide a laptop and smartphone so that you can work independently of your location;
- Many training opportunities; we think along with you and are happy to invest in you and your development;
- You will immediately receive an employment contract for an indefinite period;
- You work in a small, dynamic organization with short lines, committed colleagues and a good working atmosphere;
- You can schedule your hours flexibly and work partially from home.
We work at least 40% of our time in the House of the Municipality, which is within walking distance of the pleasant center of Wijk bij Duurstede. There is ample opportunity for unpaid parking and a bus stop in front of the door.
This is you
- You have at least a completed HBO education in the field of business computer science or you have this level of thinking and working through similar education and/or experience;
- Government experience in a similar position is an advantage;
- You are analytical and have a results-oriented and environmentally aware attitude;
- For this position you recognize yourself in competencies such as excellent communication skills, collaboration and persuasiveness. You also have a healthy dose of humor. A proactive attitude, reliability and flexibility are a requirement within your position.
Do you not quite fit this picture, but are you convinced that you can strengthen our organization as a Senior Information Advisor? Then indicate in your motivation why this is the case!
This is us: Big enough to stay small
Together with Cothen and Langbroek, Wijk bij Duurstede is a relatively small municipality with approximately 24,000 inhabitants, where it is nice to live and work. We see our size as an advantage. Because working for our municipality means that you not only use your head, but also roll up your sleeves and stand with your feet in the clay. You know with and for whom you are working and you see the results of your work in practice. Short lines of communication with residents, entrepreneurs and the board make your work interesting. We use a healthy dose of pragmatics. In addition to your professional knowledge, there is plenty of room to use your talents. It requires thinking and doing here in Wijk. We think it is important that we know each other well and have fun together.
At the municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede we like to welcome people with different ages, backgrounds, beliefs and preferences. We believe it is important that your talents and qualities are used and that you can do your work with confidence and pleasure. You can find stories from colleagues about what it is like to work with us at www.werkenbijgemeentewijkbijduurstede.nl.
These are your colleagues and this is your team
Together with 150 colleagues, the Mayor & Aldermen, the municipal council, the Wijk society and partners in the region, you work on the tasks of the municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede.
The position of Senior Information Advisor is part of the Information Provision and Management Team. This team advises colleagues and departments on information provision in the broadest sense of the word; from application landscape to information flows within processes, from data manager to safeguarding themes such as security, privacy and management. There are various roles within the team: (Senior) Information Advisor, (Senior) Information Management Advisor, Information Management Quality Officer, Privacy Officer, ICT Director, Functional Business System Manager, Geo-systems and Information Management Employees. The management of the ICT infrastructure has been outsourced to RID-Utrecht. The team consists of 15 employees and is being further expanded to be able to carry out the work regarding advice & policy, conservation management and information protection.
The role of Information Advisor acts as the lubricant, the connection, between the different roles in the team.
Inform & apply
Will you join our organization? We are curious about you! Upload your motivation and CV via the application button: https://vacatures.one/29103. This is possible until December 6, 2023. The introductory meeting is on Tuesday, December 12 and the 2nd meeting on Tuesday, December 19. If you have any substantive questions, you can contact Karin Piters, AI Team Leader Information Supply and Management, via email@example.com or 06 – 811 42 397.
Do you have questions about the application procedure? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To share? Yes please!
We process every application according to the NVP application code. Anonymous applications are possible
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Karin Piters from Municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede (
About the organization
The municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede does its work in the middle of and with society. Space is created for more responsibility and personal initiative. As a managing municipality, we want to be able to respond quickly to changes. We want to look at the challenges with a fresh perspective, solution-oriented and innovative. This means a different way of thinking, working and organizing. The Wijk organization is recognized by four characteristics: (1) We work ambition-driven (2) We work for, with and from society (3) People make the difference (4) We do our work with commitment and craftsmanship.
more about the Municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede >
Karel de Grotestraat 30
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.