Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Dijk en Waard
Senior Functional Finance Manager
Senior Functional Finance Manager
Want to work on digital development and ensure growth of our Information and Automation (I&A) department?
The municipality of Dijk en Waard is an ambitious municipality and is fully engaged in digital development. We really notice that we are taking great steps together! That is why we are looking for a Functional Finance Manager. With your knowledge and commitment, you ensure that we optimally support our customers in the field of business operations in their digital development. You are a driving force behind the digital development of the Business Management domain and quality improvements within your own team.
What are you going to do?
You are responsible for the optimal functioning and continuous improvement of our financial information systems within the Business Operations domain. Together with the functional managers of business operations, the other senior functional managers of the case system, business operations and Microsoft365 and the business information advisor, you are responsible for providing reliable, agile, scalable and innovative information provision for the entire business operation. Together with the information advisor, you are responsible for planning and prioritizing the domain team’s work inventory and ensure that this is properly communicated to our customers.
The applications within this domain are used across the organization. So with your work you really make a difference for our entire organization.
Because we are getting more and more SAAS applications, the work of the functional manager is shifting to a management role. You are the link between customers, suppliers, internal IT colleagues and other stakeholders and ensure that customers, I&A colleagues and other stakeholders are informed in time of changes. A challenging and versatile position!
That’s not all, in addition:
- Maintain close contact with the users and owners of the information systems and address their questions, wishes and problems;
- You are responsible for managing user rights and authorizations;
- Ensure that a management plan is created and maintained. You coordinate and implement changes, including drawing up test and implementation plans;
- Do you know which contact agreements have been made with our suppliers within business operations and do you ensure that we take the right steps if these are not met?
- In addition to the work processes within business operations, you also focus on the quality of the implementation of our own work processes. You analyze this together with colleagues from the departments, propose improvements and implement them together with your colleagues in our systems. For complex changes, you set up test programs to test the changes in the chain and take the lead in the implementation;
- Ensure that important guidelines, such as information security and privacy, are adhered to;
- You lead projects within the field.
You really have a passion for functional management and helping our organization. You are analytically strong and you closely follow external developments. You want to continue to develop yourself. You proactively stimulate digital development and really ask our suppliers. You are a connector between the customer, internal and external (supplier) parties, you like to keep customers satisfied but you also dare to say no. You know how to convey information in an understandable way to various stakeholders.
You are able to stay above the content, recognize patterns and therefore make improvements. You keep an overview, prioritize and can carry out multiple assignments at the same time. You like to tackle complex problems and you enjoy coming up with creative solutions. Involving colleagues in issues to find solutions comes naturally to you. You can coordinate the work of colleagues well and communicate about this in a pleasant manner.
You also bring the following:
- A completed HBO education;
- Relevant work experience or demonstrable affinity with this field;
- Demonstrable knowledge of functional management and relevant methodologies in the form of certificates from BISL and possibly ASL;
- Knowledge of business processes, information needs and user requirements of the business operations domain – Finance;
- Basic technical knowledge of ICT and information systems.
We offer you
Working at the Municipality of Dijk en Waard means working with major challenges, together with driven colleagues in a pleasant and developing working environment. You can see the result of your work close by. We encourage and facilitate you to get the best out of yourself.
In addition, we offer you:
- A salary between €3,396 and €5,009 gross per month (scale 10) based on 36 hours;
- An employment contract for 32-36 hours (4x 9 hours is also negotiable)
- A fixed-term contract, with the prospect of permanent employment;
- An individual choice budget of 18.45% of your gross annual salary. You can use this for extra leave or extra money, for example;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself through our wide range of training and education.
And that includes:
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home;
- An allowance for your travel costs;
- A work-from-home allowance;
- A laptop and phone.
Working for Dijk en Waard means working for a young municipality, focused on growth and challenge.
The municipality of Dijk en Waard is in full swing! In the coming years we want to develop digitally and create conditions for this. The I&A department has a very important role in this, as a driver of development and to ensure that we take these steps in a responsible manner. Because we believe it is important to properly support the organization and effectively manage IT suppliers, we set up the I&A department as a management organization. We continuously use new functionality and ICT solutions, but we also attach great importance to monitoring risks and the frameworks within which we can implement this properly. Functional management is already very important at Dijk en Waard, so we can really use your efforts!
Curious about us? Here we tell you our story.
The Information & Automation (I&A) department
You will work in the Information and Automation (I&A) department. This department is part of the Operations domain and supports our entire organization. The I&A department is a dynamic department with more than 50 colleagues who are involved in the digital development, ICT infrastructure and information management of our municipality. The department is managed by the head of the department in the staff team. Together with the two team leaders, enterprise architect, strategic advisor and portfolio manager, they provide strategy and direction for the department. Knowing more? Then take a look at our page: I&A Department.
You will work within the business operations domain team. Here you work closely with the information advisor, functional managers and senior functional managers on digital developments in the field of business operations. Of course, you also work together with many other colleagues from other teams within the department, including technical management, IT service desk, advisors, information management and the staff team.
Have you become enthusiastic?
Do you see yourself working as a Functional Finance Manager for our municipality? Then we look forward to receiving your application with CV and motivation letter!
We will respond to you within 5 working days and let you know whether you will be invited for an introductory meeting.
Do you want to know more?
Which can! Call or app Joyce Zuurbier (I&A Team Leader) on 06-10483013. She will be happy to tell you more!
We do not appreciate acquisition in response to this vacancy.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Róbin Kramer from the Municipality of Dijk en Waard (
About the organization
Are you a professional who looks outward and always wants to develop further? Then the municipality of Dijk en Waard is looking for you! Together we work on a better and more enjoyable environment for everyone who lives, works, does business and lives here. Excellent service for our residents is the common thread in our work.
Do you want to make a difference for everyone in our beautiful municipality with your ambitions and talent? Let us know!
more about the Municipality of Dijk en Waard >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.