Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
City of Haarlem
Apply no later than Monday, January 1, 2024
Department IV provides user-friendly, reliable and secure i-services, so that residents, companies, administration, employees and (chain) partners are well supported. The department wants to make digital (work) life easy for all users. We do this with a driven, friendly, close-knit and diverse team of people with different nationalities and backgrounds. We live our organizational values Open, Driven and Involved in general and the values of department IV in particular: respect, an agreement is an agreement and together.
The organization works for the municipalities of Haarlem and Zandvoort. From the charm of the historic city to the beach of a cozy village. Department IV has an important role in providing services to residents and we ensure that this is aligned with the different characters of the municipalities.
The Information Provision (IV) department is looking for an enthusiastic senior developer for the Development & Management team. If you enjoy contributing to the future of the IT Landscape in order to take the services to the citizens of Haarlem and Zandvoort to a higher level, then this position is for you! The Development and Management team develops and manages the technology under the hood of the Information Provision (IV) department: applications, infrastructure and in-house software development. Together with approximately 30 technical administrators and developers, you will work on safe and reliable solutions for today and tomorrow. Within the Development and Management Team, the Software House is a close-knit and enthusiastic team of developers. The software house develops and manages applications for citizens, entrepreneurs and employees of the municipalities of Haarlem and Zandvoort. Examples are the MijnHaarlem portal, the visitor parking app and internal forms. We also ensure well-functioning processes by developing and managing integrations between applications. We believe collaboration with other municipalities is important. That is why we develop software where possible that is reusable for other municipalities. We do this according to the principles of Common Ground of the Association of Dutch Municipalities.
- You play a role in every phase of the development process.
- Together with specialists from the professional departments, you translate complex business and IT issues into clear functional and technical requirements.
- You build new applications and improve existing applications.
- You work with your fellow developers to improve quality. Both from delivered code and from the (Scrum) processes within the Software House.
- You analyze error reports that are made and implement bug fixes when necessary.
- You participate in the picket roster.
- You are an eager colleague.
- You are used to working in a structured way
- You are proactive; you identify improvements and tackle them yourself or in collaboration with direct or indirect colleagues.
- You feel like a fish in water when complex technical issues arise.
- You are socially involved and are looking for an environment where you can use your technical skills in this way.
What do we ask of you?
- You have completed a relevant education at at least HBO level.
- At least six years of experience in a similar position and extensive experience in retrieving and translating customer requests and building related software.
- You are used to working Agile, according to Kanban and/or SCRUM.
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams and dealing with different stakeholders.
- You are used to coaching team members in their professional development.
- You have demonstrable experience with developing in Java (experience with Spring Boot is an advantage), with developing Single Page Web Applications (experience with Angular is an advantage) and with containerization (Kubernetes is an advantage). You also have experience in developing secure applications.
- You have experience with test automation.
- The use of CI/CD is no stranger to you.
- Given possible developments within the municipality, experience with Azure and/or AWS is an advantage.
- A versatile job for 32 to 36 hours a week within a dynamic field of work in an organization characterized by socially conscious people with ambition and talent. If you recognize yourself in this, you have good career prospects at the municipality of Haarlem;
- The salary is between €3,396 and €5,366 gross per month for 36 hours, depending on education and experience.
- You will also receive an Individual Choice Budget (IKB) of 17.05% that you can spend according to your own preferences.
- You start with an annual contract that we are happy to convert into a permanent contract if you perform well;
- In addition to your salary, we are happy to offer you even more: flexible working hours and hybrid workplaces where you can count on good facilities to enable working from home (laptop, telephone), various options to stimulate your personal development and an excellent working atmosphere.
- We work with a wide diversity of people. Diverse in culture, age, orientation, gender, mental and physical condition and religion. We want to use the power of diversity and talents of employees to achieve good results in all areas for the residents of Haarlem and Zandvoort and create a place where everyone feels at home.
You can apply via our Working at Haarlem and Zandvoort site. Knowing more? Please feel free to contact Hans Vingerhoeds, email@example.com or 06 8106 7210.
Would you also like to get to know each other briefly while enjoying a cup of tea or coffee? Then that’s possible! On November 8, 15, 22 and 29 we are available for coffee dates between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. Email or call us to make an appointment.
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated
More information about this vacancy?
Contact the Municipality of Haarlem (
0235 11 51 15)
About the organization
Do you want to contribute to a socially involved, reliable and professional organization? Come work at Haarlem! The organization has different roles. That of a reliable service provider, professional client, expert director and socially conscious employer. In order to fulfill these roles effectively, the municipality is continuously developing and provides room for initiative and innovation. Working for Haarlem also means working for 2 boards: Haarlem and Zandvoort. We work area-oriented, with partners inside and outside the city and in ever-changing networks. Enter a flexible organization where you can discover, research and develop your talents.
more about Municipality of Haarlem >
Side vest 39
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.