Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Huizen
Portfolio manager / Director ICT services
Apply no later than Sunday 19 March 2023
Houses means tackling. For listening, thinking and making decisions. To make a difference together. And work from possibilities. Huizen is a village where residents participate, where we are there for each other together. And where we work together on an enterprising, social, safe and sustainable community. We do this based on our vision of service ‘Well arranged, you’re welcome!’
Huizen is working on major challenges. A few examples are the introduction of the Environment and Planning Act, expanding digitization for residents and colleagues, a climate-neutral House in 2050, implementing the coastal vision and tailor-made services for all residents. We also work closely with municipalities in the Gooi en Vecht region. For example, Huizen carries out the work in the social domain for the municipalities of Laren, Blaricum and Eemnes.
All these developments require guts, passion, attention and craftsmanship. So we give that space. Personal development, of you and your colleagues, is high on our agenda.
There is a vacancy for the position within the Information Management team of the Administration, Civil Affairs and Support department:
Portfolio manager / Director ICT services
The municipality manages data of citizens and companies, within a wide variety of different digital registrations. In a complex network with chain partners, suppliers and our own organization. In this complexity, the stability and availability of information management must be guaranteed.
The Information Management team ensures that the departments and the management receive proper guidance and advice in this regard. And that the ICT service provider (OGD) and other parties to whom management tasks have been outsourced are properly managed. The Information Management team plays a role in this in areas such as: Information Policy, Architecture, Outsourcing Management, Project Portfolio and Information Security.
What are you going to do
As a Portfolio Manager you are responsible for the further development and further shaping of the (ICT projects) Portfolio. This means that you have a good picture of the business and the projects that are necessary for them in their further development. You do this, among other things, by:
- Draw up a portfolio of projects (and programs) in consultation with domain information managers;
- Reporting on progress to the Project Management and Information Management Consultation and/or CMT;
- Substantive monitoring of information policy and planning in projects and programs;
- Monitor planning, risk management and resources across projects and programs;
- Taking care of communication (for example by means of Objectives Efforts Matrix) about the portfolio;
- Assessing ICT intakes for portfolio management;
- Review project plans.
In the role of Service Director, you ensure that adjustments within the ICT infrastructure and information provision are implemented in a controlled manner and that disruptions and deviations as a result thereof occur as little as possible. You are the link between the management of the municipality of Huizen and the (outsourcing) partners. Tasks include:
- Supervise and monitor the rules, frameworks and performance indicators; on the basis of agreed service delivery conditions;
- Ensuring an adequate change process that is in line with other (ITIL) processes that are related to this (including incident management, change management, problem management);
- Ensure that changes and the handling of incidents are implemented according to the established procedure. Identify deviations from this and take measures if necessary;
- Ensure and monitor the coherence of all changes (including by preparing and chairing consultations);
- Providing control and management information about change management;
- Being a point of contact for functional managers; among other things by organizing and chairing the functional managers meeting;
- Relationship management (operational) towards ICT service provider and main application suppliers.
What are you bringing
You have highly developed logical, abstract and analytical thinking skills. You can put yourself in the shoes of the target group, such as the teams/departments to be supported in our organization. You know how to advise others in a firm but pleasant way and to convince them if necessary. You can switch quickly and are flexible. You think critically and constructively and you are result-oriented. You want to develop and you show initiative. You are accurate and have well-developed written and oral communication skills. You also have:
- minimum HBO working and thinking level;
- a completed education, for example in the direction of Business Informatics;
- experience in a similar position. With a municipal government is an advantage.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
What do we offer you
An exciting, varied and versatile function for 36 hours a week in a dynamic environment. If you become our new Portfolio Manager/Director ICT services, you will be employed by us as soon as possible. We also have for you:
- annual contract, with the intention of extending it indefinitely.
- gross monthly salary of a maximum of €4,208 (scale 9) based on 36 hours per week. Scaling is based on qualifications and experience. Growth to a maximum of €4,671 (scale 10) is possible in the long term.
- individual choice budget (IKB) of 17.05% of your salary, which you can have paid out or spent at your own discretion. This can be for the purchase of extra vacation days, training or tax benefits such as exchange commuter allowance or a sports subscription.
- ample opportunity for training.
- flexible working hours and the option to work from home.
Information and respond
For more information about this position, please contact Eric de Vries, Information Management team leader, telephone number 035 – 528 16 62.
Are you interested? Respond quickly via the application button. You can respond up to and including Sunday, March 19 ashes but we are not waiting for that: candidates we would like to speak to will receive an invitation for an exploratory interview before then.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Eric de Vries of Gemeente Huizen (
About the organization
The municipality of Huizen is looking for fresh talent who shares our ambitions. If you want to grow, get the best out of yourself and work in an enthusiastic team on the development of the municipality of Huizen, discover the possibilities we can offer you. Our organization is decisive and service-oriented. We work with 300 employees in six departments: Administration, Civil Affairs and Support Department, Social Support Department, Social Policy Department, Environment Department, Public Works Department and Finance Department and the Personnel and Organization staff team. Employees who are willing and able are given the opportunity to develop and grow. Realization power, involvement and daring are qualities that we are proud of.
more about Gemeente Huizen >
Count Wichman 10
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.