Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Gooise Lakes
(junior) Information manager
Apply no later than Saturday 24 February 2024
Do you want to work as an information manager within a municipality where digitization is high on the agenda and there is an eye for your personal ambitions? Apply Now!
Your working day
You start your day with a consultation with your colleagues from webcare. The wish is to use a machine learning chatbot to answer questions from our residents and entrepreneurs faster and better. You are always looking at the possible applications in the field. By asking the right questions you know what it takes to make this project a success.
After the consultation, you will immerse yourself in data-driven working for the Permits, Supervision and Enforcement department. There is a lot of data available, but what data do you really need to organize work more efficiently and improve our services? You discuss your ideas with Erwin and the department manager.
After a short break, you continue at home. You check your mailbox to see if there are any other questions/projects from colleagues that require your expertise. In addition, you can also easily approach colleagues or call them if you know something is going on. This way you ensure that you are involved in new, digital developments at an early stage and that our municipal information architecture remains clear.
Who you are
- As a strong advisor in the making, you are innovative and solution-oriented. You become enthusiastic about complex information systems and the dynamics of a municipal organization and the chain partners
- You are communicatively strong and a team player. Thanks to your positive attitude and expertise, you get other people involved in new developments
- You are an enterprising person and you handle things independently
- You have guts, work purposefully and dare to take new paths. You always look at the possibilities
- You are flexible, decisive and like variety in your work. From a helicopter view you are able to set the right priorities and manage various issues and projects
What you do
- You help the organization to map (digital) change and development tasks. You support the Information Manager with strategic issues by approaching them from different perspectives. Ultimately, you know how to translate these questions into concrete solutions in practice, which are in line with the wishes of our colleagues and residents. You always keep the ambitions and tasks of our municipality in mind and know how to achieve results
- You supervise programs and projects in the field of information management. Examples are projects such as data-driven working and the migration and implementation of working in the cloud. You give substance to the further development of our information provision in close cooperation with the Information Manager
- You support and advise our colleagues in developments related to digitization, modern government, laws and regulations, services and process, change and risk management
- You manage various processes related to the management and further development of the information provision, such as change management and incident management
What we ask of you
- You have at least a completed HBO bachelor in the field of Computer Science, Administrative Information Science or Business Administration
- You are ready for the 2nd or 3rd step in your career. For example, you have work experience as a functional manager and would like to develop and specialize further. Don’t you have this experience, but are you cut from the right cloth? Motivate this in your motivation and apply
- You can easily contact your colleagues and external suppliers. You can participate in discussions with your technical colleagues such as system administrators. At the same time, you can clearly translate this complex, technical knowledge into practical information for a layman
- You are able to prioritize the business requests that sometimes swirl around you like confetti – which projects have the most added value?
- If you already have knowledge and/or experience with municipal processes, this is a plus
What we offer you
Salary and conditions
- An annual contract for 32 to 36 hours a week. Are we happy with each other? Then you will receive a permanent contract after this year
- The salary is based on a junior position and is valued on scale 10 (maximum €4,671 gross per month with a 36-hour working week). Together with you, we build a personal growth path in which you can develop yourself into an information manager, with the corresponding scale 11 (maximum €5,372 gross per month with a 36-hour working week)
- Travel allowance for car, bicycle or walking and an allowance for working from home. If you travel by public transport, you will be reimbursed 100%
- An Individual Choice Budget (IKB) of a total of 18.65% (including holiday pay and year-end bonus) that you can use as you wish. For example, you can have this budget paid out monthly or use it for extra leave, a sports subscription or a new bicycle
Even more pluses
- You will be given a lot of freedom and responsibility to shape this new position. This way you can do what makes you happy and achieve your own successes
- Thanks to our Digitization Program there is structural attention and money for information management. This means that you and Erwin will have the opportunity to take major steps in the area of digitization in the municipality. You work towards a modern, digitally accessible and transparent government
- The municipality has a robust and diverse application landscape of 170 applications. This makes your task package varied and challenging
- Thanks to the education and training in our Gooise Meren Academy and our coaches, you never stop learning. You can choose where you want to develop
- A social working environment with committed, professional colleagues
- Hybrid working is well facilitated within our organization. The organization ensures that you can work well, flexibly and with pleasure from home and the office
About the FIA department
- The Facilities, Information and Automation (FIA) department consists of approximately 50 colleagues. Your home team is Information Provision & Automation (I&A) and has 25 colleagues
- The I&A team consists of system administrators, data administrators, functional administrators, data security officers, data protection officer, privacy officer, colleagues from the business intelligence team and the information manager
- Within FIA you work with expert colleagues, who naturally look beyond the boundaries of their own work. The aim is to closely monitor social and technological developments and to apply them within the context of Gooise Meren
Yes, I want to apply!
Did you get excited? Send your resume with a short motivation letter to us via the online application form no later than March 19, 2023.
Requesting references can be part of the selection procedure. Requesting a VOG is an integral part of the selection procedure.
Gooise Meren is an inclusive employer. We strive for a diverse organization and create a culture where employees can be themselves. This vacancy is both internal and external at the same time. Internal candidates will be given priority in case of equal suitability
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our Information Manager Erwin Waage, telephone number 06 25 68 85 36 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about this vacancy?
Contact the Recruitment Department of Board and Management Support (
About the organization
Living, working, entrepreneurship and recreation together in a green and historic area: the mission of the municipality of Gooise Meren. Nearly 60,000 inhabitants live in the municipality, who contribute from this area to the economic, cultural and scientific beating heart of the Randstad. The organization consists of 380 employees, divided over four domains and a strategic unit. The departments within these domains have a high degree of independence. Vitality, own initiative, participation, financial health and decisiveness are key concepts that are being worked on both outside and within the municipal organization.
more about Gemeente Gooise Meren >
035 207 0000
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.