Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Westland
Information specialist Digital Archives
Apply no later than Friday, March 1, 2024
Comes to fruition in the municipality of Westland. Within our organization you get the best out of yourself. This is how you blossom! As a person and as a professional. You will be given the space to actively think along and show initiative. That is also necessary. Our environment is changing quickly, so we change with it. That is also why our goal is to work with all employees in a mission-oriented manner in the coming years. As an agile and learning organization, we are constantly looking ‘outwards’. To know what’s going on. And what we should focus on. That dynamic appeals to you. This is how we build a beautiful Westland together! sss
Westland Historical Archives
The Historical Archives Westland manages the paper and digital archives of Westland and the former municipalities. It also manages a number of collections, including photos and newspapers. The HAW ensures that the history of Westland can be reconstructed as best as possible, now and in the future, on the basis of authentic and additional information sources. We do this by optimally facilitating and supervising historical research physically and online by making all archives, collections and secondary information sources that the Westland Historical Archive manages accessible and accessible.
As a digital archive information specialist, you are responsible for managing the archives that are to be stored digitally in the e-depot. You lead, supervise and implement projects in the field of migrations and conversion to the e-depot and maintain contact with the supplier to ensure that the information objects remain managed, preserved and findable. As an administrator, you translate technical functionalities into a practical design and approach. In addition, you advise on and ensure necessary and new functionalities of the e-depot. You follow external developments in the field of digital information management and include this in policy proposals.
Knowledge and skills
- You have knowledge of digital information management
- You can explain technical and substantive issues to colleagues, users and suppliers
- You are skilled in drawing up (policy) proposals
- You have experience with the implementation or supervision of migrations and conversions.
- You can work well on a project basis, as a project leader, but you are also a team player who enjoys working together and sharing knowledge
- You have knowledge of collection management systems
You recognize yourself in this
- A relevant higher professional education in the field of information management
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, applications and systems in the field of digital information management
- Experience with heritage and archives
- Good social and communication skills, spoken and written
You don’t do it for nothing
- You make the difference for residents of the municipality of Westland
- You earn a gross salary of a maximum of €5,247.00 gross per month (for 36 hours).
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% on top of your salary that gives you part of your holiday pay and end-of-year bonus every month. You can have an amount paid out or use it for, among other things, purchasing a bicycle or purchasing extra-statutory leave
- Room for growth through our Westland Academy
- Flexible working hours that suit contemporary working
- The possibility to work partly from home with a laptop and mobile phone from the municipality
- Contribution to the costs of commuting and work from home allowance
- Annual contribution to the costs of health insurance
- Premium discount on various insurance policies
- Paid parental leave scheme for our expectant parents
- Pension scheme through the ABP
(Maybe) What for you?
Does this suit you? Then apply immediately. Do you have any questions? Contact Jeffrey Mesker on 0683297417 or send a message via Whatsapp.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Annelies Burchartz from the Municipality of Westland (
+31 174 672 048)
About the organization
With over 100,000 inhabitants, the municipality of Westland is one of the thirty largest municipalities in the Netherlands. With its greenhouse horticulture, the municipality of Westland is an important economic engine. Westland is located between the metropolitan areas of The Hague, Delft and Rotterdam on one side and the coast on the other. A vital economy and a flourishing community life ensure a dynamic and active municipality. Strength and ambition, innovation and professionalism; These are the core concepts that Westland is all about.
more about the Municipality of Westland >
Avenue of the Glass City 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.