Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Dijk en Waard
Information Security & Privacy Officer
Information Security & Privacy Officer
Does information security and data protection make your heart beat faster and would you like to contribute to these important topics in our organization? Then this vacancy is for you!
What are you going to do?
You are the spider in the web when it comes to advising the organization on information security and data protection issues and relevant developments. You monitor and evaluate the operation of the policy and measures. You are the point of contact for colleagues when it comes to questions about information security, data protection and reporting incidents. You are responsible for the correct registration, handling and evaluation of these incidents, you test the processes and systems against policy and advise on improvements where necessary. You will work closely with the Data Protection Officer and Chief Information Security Officer in the Information Security & Privacy team. Because the FG and CISO fall directly under the management, you have short lines of communication with the management team, management and board. Together you work – every day – to keep our municipality digitally resilient and to protect the (personal) data of our citizens, companies and employees. A challenging and responsible position!
- Contribute to the development of information security measures;
- Initiate your information and awareness campaigns and give direction to them;
- You follow external developments that influence the information security policy and the data protection policy and ensure that these are included;
- You initiate and facilitate the implementation of risk analyzes and data protection impact assessments and advise the process owners on the outcomes;
- Keep the ISMS up to date by setting measurements and monitoring improvement actions;
- Provide advice on projects and tenders;
- You coordinate the ENSIA process.
You really have a passion for the topics of security and privacy. Your enthusiastic personality makes you appear convincing, inspiring and optimistic. You can switch well at different levels and between both tactical and operational activities. You closely follow external developments. You want to continue to develop yourself. Involving colleagues in issues to find solutions comes naturally to you. You like to work efficiently and thoughtfully.
You also bring the following:
- A completed HBO education or working and thinking level;
- Relevant work experience in the field of information security and privacy;
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CISM, CIPM, CIPP/e).
Do you not have relevant work experience, but do you have certifications or vice versa? Then we certainly invite you to apply for this position!
We offer you
Working at the Municipality of Dijk en Waard means working with major challenges, together with driven colleagues in a pleasant and developing working environment. You can see the result of your work close by. We encourage and facilitate you to get the best out of yourself.
In addition, we offer you:
- A salary between €3,558 and €5,247 gross per month (scale 10) based on 36 hours;
- An employment contract for 32-36 hours (4 x 9 hours is also negotiable);
- A fixed-term contract, with the prospect of permanent employment;
- An individual choice budget of 18.45% of your gross annual salary. You can use this for extra leave or extra money, for example;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself through our wide range of training and education.
And that includes:
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home;
- An allowance for your travel costs;
- A work-from-home allowance;
- A laptop and phone.
Working for Dijk en Waard means working for a young municipality, focused on growth and challenge.
The municipality of Dijk en Waard is in full swing! In the coming years we want to develop digitally and create conditions for this. The I&A department has a very important role in this, as a driver of development and to ensure that we take these steps in a responsible manner. Because we believe it is important to properly support the organization and effectively manage IT suppliers, we set up the I&A department as a management organization. We continuously use new functionality and ICT solutions, but we also attach great importance to monitoring risks and the frameworks within which we can implement this properly.
Curious about us? Here we tell you our story.
The Information & Automation (I&A) department
You will work in the Information and Automation (I&A) department. This department is part of the Operations domain and supports our entire organization. The I&A department is a dynamic department with more than 50 colleagues who are involved in the digital development, ICT infrastructure and information management of our municipality. The department is managed by the head of the department and the rest of the staff team members. Together with the two team leaders, enterprise architect, strategic advisor and portfolio manager, they provide strategy and direction for the department. Knowing more? Then take a look at our page: I&A Department (werkenbijdijkenwaard.nl).
Would you like to know what colleagues think of working in the I&A department? Read here how Husman and Hanneke experience this!
Have you become enthusiastic?
Do you see yourself working as an Information Security & Privacy Officer for our municipality? Then we look forward to receiving your application with CV and motivation letter! We would like to read why you are a good fit for this position.
We will respond to you within 5 working days and let you know whether you will be invited for an introductory meeting.
Do you want to know more?
Which can! Call or app with Wietse Westerdijk (I&A Team Leader) on 06-22044720. He’ll be happy to tell you more!
We do not appreciate acquisition in response to this vacancy.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Róbin Kramer from the Municipality of Dijk en Waard (
About the organization
Are you a professional who looks outward and always wants to develop further? Then the municipality of Dijk en Waard is looking for you! Together we work on a better and more enjoyable environment for everyone who lives, works, does business and lives here. Excellent service for our residents is the common thread in our work.
Do you want to make a difference for everyone in our beautiful municipality with your ambitions and talent? Let us know!
more about the Municipality of Dijk en Waard >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.