Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Gooise Meren
Information Security Officer (ISO)
Apply no later than Sunday, November 26, 2023
This is your assignment
As an ISO, together with the Information Security and Privacy team, you ensure a good, integrated approach to our information security. You are an enthusiastic, committed person who easily approaches colleagues and convincingly introduces them to the challenges and issues for information security within Gooise Meren. You know how to bring our general policy to life in daily practice.
As ISO, you help build a reliable information provision to guarantee services to our residents. You work every day to limit possible risks in our systems, work processes, policies and actions. You contribute to greater awareness of cybersecurity in the organization and implement the information security policy.
By having everything in order internally, our residents, entrepreneurs and colleagues can trust that the municipality of Gooise Meren will handle their information and personal data safely and carefully.
Who you are
- You are communicative, assertive and goal-oriented
- You are a social networker. Thanks to your open attitude and positive energy, you know how to show others the importance of information security
- You know how to set the right priorities and carry out your work independently
- You are an organized person who works in a structured manner
- You enjoy working together and like to give your opinion
- Last but not least… you prefer cat memes 😉
- You have a supporting role in the BIO implementation (Government Baseline Information Security). For example, by creating authorization matrices for processes and applications or by drawing up policy documents
- You ensure that the ISMS is properly secured. This is a management dashboard in which possible security risks and associated control measures are mapped out for the organization
- As a municipality, we are obliged to account for information security and quality in the organization. This is done, among other things, through the ENSIA. In your duties you are responsible for the implementation of the ENSIA. As a coordinator, you ensure that all data is and remains in order for this audit
- Together with the team, you ensure the handling of incidents and data leaks
- You provide solicited and unsolicited advice to the CISOs and are not afraid to express your opinion
- You participate in creative, appealing awareness programs and actions within Gooise Meren. You get a lot of freedom to shape this together with your team
- You work closely with the CISO, ISO, our privacy colleagues, our data managers, system administrators and information management. You are visible in the rest of the organization
What we ask of you
- You have an HBO working and thinking level. Whether you are a starter or an experienced ISO/CISO, we would like to invite you to apply
- Preferably you have completed training in the field of information security. Do you have a different background, but are you the right person for this job? Then explain this in your letter and apply!
- Do you have experience in the ‘soft side’ of ICT, such as a scum master or (business) analyst and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are also very curious about your letter!
- Above all, you are eager to learn and like to stay informed of the latest developments in your field. You also know how to translate these developments into the context of Gooise Meren, such as the impact and possible risks of AI and NIS2 on our information security
- If you already have one or more certifications in the field of information security, for example in the policy area (e.g. Security+ or S-ISP) or in the technical field (e.g. Pentest+, CEH and OPST), this is an advantage. If you have certificates in Prince2/PSM or ITIL/LeanBelt, this is also a welcome addition to our team
What we offer you
Salary and conditions
- An annual contract for 32 to 36 hours per week. Are we happy with each other? Then you will receive a permanent contract after this year
- Depending on your education and work experience, your salary is a maximum of €4,537 gross per month for a 36-hour working week (scale 9 in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Municipalities)
- Travel allowance for car, bicycle or walking and an allowance for working from home. If you travel by public transport, you will be reimbursed 100%
- An allowance for working from home of €3 net per day
- An Individual Choice Budget (IKB) of a total of 18.65% (including holiday pay and end-of-year bonus) that you can use as you wish. You can have this budget paid out monthly or use it for extra leave, a sports subscription or a new bicycle
Even more pluses
- You will be given a lot of freedom to shape your own work and develop into an expert
- A pleasant, social working environment with committed colleagues. We are a flat organization that is based on equality and trust in our mutual cooperation
- Hybrid working is well facilitated within our municipality. The organization ensures that you can do your work well, flexibly and with pleasure.
- A working environment with plenty of development opportunities. Think of internal coaches, the training offered in our Gooise Meren Academy and external training and education options
Information Provision & Automation (I&A) Team
- Your home team is Information Provision & Automation (I&A) and has 25 colleagues. The team consists of system administrators, data managers, functional managers, (C)ISOs, the Data Protection Officer, the Privacy Officer and colleagues from the Data, Information and Innovation Team.
- Together with your colleagues, you form the beating heart of cybersecurity. You naturally think about the boundaries of your own work
Yes, I want to apply!
Have you become enthusiastic? Send your CV with a short motivation letter to us via the online application form no later than November 26, 2023. Do we see a match in you? We would then like to schedule an introductory meeting with you before this date. At Gooise Meren we like to keep going!
Requesting references or a LinkedIn check can be part of the selection procedure. Requesting a Certificate of Good Conduct is a permanent part of the selection procedure.
Gooise Meren is an inclusive employer. We strive for a diverse organization and create a culture where employees can be themselves.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our CISO: Jeroen Berkenbosch, telephone: 06 25 59 03 18 or email: J.Berkenbosch@gooisemeren.nl.
This vacancy is open for direct applications. Nominating candidates from mediation and secondment agencies is not appreciated.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact the recruitment department of the Municipality of Gooise Meren (
About the organization
Living, working, doing business and recreating together in a green and historic area: the mission of the municipality of Gooise Meren. Nearly 60,000 residents live in the municipality, who contribute from this area to the economic, cultural and scientific beating heart of the Randstad. The organization consists of 380 employees divided over four domains and a strategic unit. The departments within these domains have a high degree of independence. Vitality, personal initiative, participation, financially healthy and decisive are key concepts that are being worked on both outside and within the municipal organization.
more about the Municipality of Gooise Meren >
035 207 0000
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.