Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Baarn
Apply no later than Friday, March 15, 2024
What are you going to do with us?
Will you shape our digital future? The Municipality of Baarn is looking for a strategic information manager who will take our information management to new heights!
As an Information Manager you work at a strategic level on issues at the intersection of IT, information and organization. You translate developments and trends in the field of information and digitalization into concrete policy proposals and projects. Based on your expertise, you look beyond the boundaries of your field to optimally support the organization together with the business operations teams. You are also an important link between our organization and the regional ICT service Utrecht (RID) and you actively contribute to the Regional Cooperation Information Provision Program.
- You advise the organization on complex issues in the field of digitalization and information provision. You draw up vision and policy and translate this into concrete plans for the design of our information landscape;
- You advise on the application of legislation and regulations and on how to respond to developments in both the organization and society;
- Together with your colleagues, you know how to organize the information provision in such a way that it optimally supports the services provided;
- You use your knowledge in projects in the field of information management;
- You work together with Information Managers from other municipalities to jointly shape projects and tenders
What do we ask of you?
As our information manager you are a real bridge builder. You connect the various disciplines of business operations and work closely with the teams from the primary process. You view issues integrally, based on solid expertise in the field of information management. You are a true ambassador and know how to link the content of your field to the importance for the organization and the resident.
- You are an experienced information manager (4-7 years) who has shown that you can take organizations along in the digital transition;
- As a consultant, you are experienced in advising at a strategic level. You have the persuasive power to involve people in your vision. And in the interest of good information provision.
- You have demonstrable experience in supervising extensive projects or programs aimed at the organizational implementation of information management;
- You advise and support the MT in developing the organization and achieving the business objectives;
- You can think innovatively/conceptually and are quality-oriented;
- You have knowledge of the IT and information landscape and process management. Preferably in government, but we also invite you to respond if you have gained experience in other environments
- You are also familiar with change management and project management methods.
Who are you?
As an information professional, you know better than anyone that information is the core of a successful organization. You see that the world is in full motion. Residents expect proactive services and a municipality that works efficiently and transparently. At the same time, developments in technology and legislation follow each other in rapid succession. As a visionary and connecting information manager, you are our guide in that field. Together with your colleagues from the Information team, you ensure that the information provision optimally supports the work of our municipality. Now and in the future!
What do we offer you?
Depending on education and experience, we offer a suitable salary between €4,211 and €5,997 (scale 11) gross per month (for a 36-hour working week). We also offer good secondary employment conditions in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Municipalities. This way you get an Individual Choice Budget (IKB). This is a freely disposable budget of 17.05% of the gross annual salary. You decide when you want to have this budget (partially) paid out. You can also buy and sell leave. You start with a 1-year contract. Are you functioning well? You will then receive a permanent contract. At the municipality of Baarn we work hybrid: you have the freedom to alternate working from home and working in the office and receive a home work allowance of €3 net per day. At the municipality of Baarn we believe it is important to continue to stimulate and develop you. That is why we offer you extensive training and development opportunities.
What else you can expect from working at the municipality of Baarn
Working in local government is fun; especially in the municipality of Baarn. Here you can indulge yourself. We employ more than 155 employees. To achieve our ambitions, we need enthusiastic people who contribute to a transparent municipality and who dare to stick their neck out for residents and organizations.
Our organization is large enough for challenging work and small enough for short lines and a lot of personal responsibility. Every day is different with colleagues who are happy to be there for each other. We are increasingly working in connection with residents, but also internally with our colleagues from different fields. A job with us means a lot of personal responsibility and space to arrange things yourself. The organization is in rapid motion; Career, mobility, development and training are just as important to us as coffee, a good conversation with your manager and a good working environment. Anyone who works with us can count on support from colleagues, a manager who facilitates, short lines of communication with the board and management and a challenging working environment. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented employees who recognize themselves in our core values: collaboration, clear and connecting.
Excited about the role of Information Manager?
Send your CV with a short motivation letter. Do we see a match in you? We would then like to schedule a job interview with you as soon as possible. After a positive first interview, a second interview will follow and we will then be happy to discuss the employment conditions with you. This way you quickly know where you stand. At the municipality of Baarn we like to keep things simple and clear!
Do you have substantive questions about the position? Please contact René de Jong, Information team manager, via 06-34615985 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Would you like to know more about the procedure or the organization? Contact HR advisor Audrey Lo A Foe and send an email to A.email@example.com
Requesting references can be part of the selection procedure.
The municipality of Baarn is an inclusive employer. We strive for a diverse organization and create a culture where employees can be themselves. Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated. We prefer to come into direct contact with our future colleague.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Lotte Bijleveld from Information (
+31 6 41193450)
About the organization
Baarn in a nutshell
The municipality of Baarn has more than 24,400 inhabitants. The municipality has a lot of natural beauty, beautiful avenues and stately buildings. Baarn has an important shopping facility for the region and offers all kinds of cultural activities and sports facilities. Baarn is easily accessible by train from Amsterdam, Utrecht and Amersfoort. For more information, see:
more about Municipality of Baarn >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.