Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Veenendaal
Information Manager (Informatization Policy Advisor)
Apply no later than Friday, April 12, 2024
Are you our link between the organization and ICT? Do you want to translate the teams’ demands into strategic goals of our organization, which are the basis for practical ICT solutions? Then this is the vacancy for you!
What are you going to do?
The municipality of Veenendaal is going to take major steps in the field of data and information management. In a rapidly developing environment of local government in which the municipality is assigned more and more tasks, it is important that the information provision provides optimal support for changing work processes. Providing services in a safe and efficient manner is our priority. This requires good coordination between internal and external developments in the various domains within the municipality and ICT services. Within the municipality of Veenendaal we recognize three important domains: Space, Society and Operations and Resources.
As an information policy advisor, you are responsible for the provision of information within the organization, for formulating information policy and for information planning at a tactical and strategic level. In addition, you have a guiding and monitoring role with regard to the realization of the information provision and the change transition that is required for this.
You work in a multidisciplinary team and together you are responsible for:
- You develop and formulate the information policy and information strategy;
- You coordinate the development and implementation of the information plan and information architecture;
- You ensure an adequate design of the information management organization;
- You support the implementation of the Open Government Act and Grip on Information;
- You participate in projects in the field of computerization;
- You analyze replacement and improvement issues (application and data landscape) and new information needs, map out the consequences and translate them into concrete projects and change proposals;
- You ensure coordination and establish connections with the various disciplines within the IT team and with parties and stakeholders from the organization;
Where will you work?
The Information & Automation department has 9 clusters. Process management, Information management, Information management and Business Intelligence on the IT side. And Functional Application Management, Project Management, Service Desk, Network Management and System Management on the Automation side. Within Information & Automation, an average of 50 employees are continuously working to guarantee and maintain the quality of IT services. Being able to work independently of time and place, having information available digitally or collecting passports and/or driving licenses for citizens are examples of our IT services. We guarantee this service by working together as a team on projects, having conversations with the customer and handling reports and changes. Taking initiative, following processes and thinking creatively are among the core competencies of our team. In addition, information security and the protection of personal data are of paramount importance.
When working together, colleagues, suppliers, regional municipalities, government agencies and service providers are our discussion partners. The Information & Automation department is currently in the middle of changing from management to a directing organization. The management role changes into a directing role where the focus of your own organization changes and becomes more between the customer and the supplier. Would you like to know more about what a management organization will mean for you? We would be happy to discuss this with you during the personal conversation.
What do we offer you?
First of all, a warm welcome to an informal organization with short lines, committed colleagues and a good working atmosphere. We offer you a position for 32 to 36 hours per week with a salary of a maximum of €5,009 gross per month (scale 10, Collective Labor Agreement for Municipalities) for 36 hours. You will receive an employment contract for one year. If performance is good and there is enthusiasm from both sides, we will convert this agreement into an employment contract for an indefinite period.
In addition, we offer:
- an Individual Choice Budget – combination of holiday pay, end-of-year bonus and extra-statutory leave – of 17.05% of your gross salary in which you can make choices that suit your personal wishes and goals;
- pension accrual at ABP and the option to participate in collective health insurance;
- statutory leave at 36 hours of 144 hours per year, in addition to extra-statutory leave 43.2 hours per year;
- a job in an organization where there is plenty of room for learning and development (we have an online library with more than 150 training courses);
- space to work independently of time and place (at home, at the office or on location), using a business laptop and business mobile phone with SIM card.
What do we ask and what do you bring?
- You have at least an HBO working and thinking level. You have completed training in the field of ICT or other relevant training;
- You have at least 3 years of experience with information management and developing information policy;
- You have experience in local government and have worked in the physical or social domain;
- You have knowledge of developments surrounding legislation for municipalities and SaaS transitions;
- You have good analytical skills, work structured and enjoy working within a team;
- You have perseverance, have strong communication skills and know how to maintain relationships;
- You can advise both the internal teams and the management and management of the municipality on computerization issues;
- You are a good match with our core values: collaboration, added value, energy/job satisfaction and results-oriented;
This is the municipality of Veenendaal
Veenendaal is a medium-sized municipality with a central location, good accessibility and more dynamic than ever.
You will work in an organization that has many ambitions and in which you will be challenged to fully utilize and further develop your talents. Collaboration is one of our core values and the lines of communication are short.
The organization has an open and informal atmosphere. You will be given a lot of space to perform your work as a professional because we know that you are able to make the correct assessments. This also applies to the relationship between work and private life, you are given a lot of space to ensure that this is well balanced and that you can be where you are needed. Our good employment conditions and hybrid way of working (combination of working from home, at the office and on location) make this possible.
Are you excited?
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above and are you enthusiastic? Then we would like to invite you to respond. You do this via our online application form. If a suitable candidate registers, we will immediately schedule an interview. Once we have hired a candidate, the vacancy goes offline.
Have you become curious?
Would you like to get an even better idea of the position or application procedure? Please contact Ton Hazelhoff, our recruiter. He can be reached on telephone number 06 43 49 33 64 (also via WhatsApp).
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Ton Hazelhoff from the Municipality of Veenendaal (
06 43 49 33 64 )
About the organization
Veenendaal is more dynamic than ever. We are well on our way to 70,000 inhabitants. The city center is being renovated. A city of action and perseverance, a city with an enterprising and social character.
more about the Municipality of Veenendaal >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.