Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn
ICT Incident and Problem Manager BVO Rijn en Braassem
Apply no later than Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Within the BVO we work in two teams, the Functional Management team and the Policy, Direction and Information Provision team, and we ensure that more than 1,200 employees can work well every day.
You work within a team with professional colleagues and a team leader. In this case it is the Policy, Direction and Information Provision team. In this team we are looking for an Incident and Problem manager who has demonstrable work experience in this field.
What are you going to do?
You ensure that disruptions are kept to a minimum. If they do occur, your input will ensure that the impact is as small as possible. You monitor the processes, make improvement proposals and implement them. You ensure that everyone is familiar with the working method and follows it and helps and calls them out on it if this is not the case. In short, you relieve your worries! The emphasis is on the Incident management process, but the Problem process must also be further developed and implemented.
As an incident and problem manager, you are responsible for the incident and problem management processes within the BVO. This means that you are responsible for, among other things:
- You are a procedural point of contact for solution groups
- You monitor the process at operational level
- You regularly consult with involved stakeholders.
- You are responsible for reporting on the process and results
- You provide solicited and unsolicited advice, and you also make proposals regarding trends and solutions to problems.
- You take control during major disruptions (prior 1 incidents) by assembling and convening a crisis team and, if necessary, engage external suppliers.
- You are independent, results-oriented and good at collaboration. You can quickly master an environment and associated rules and enjoy pursuing things until a robust solution is available. You can plan and organize well and you have persuasive power.
- Reporting on majors and follow-up of the Problem;
- Coordination in case of incidents of chain partners and suppliers;
- Advising management.
- You are responsible for the correct registration, consistency and topicality of the process administration in the service management system;
- You are responsible for communication surrounding the incident management process and for initiating/monitoring high impact incidents in collaboration with the Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager and Change Manager;
- In the absence of one of the other process managers, you act as the backup, this also applies vice versa (holidays, etc.).
- Identifying recurring incidents and translating them into the problem process
In addition to these tasks, you are part of the management team within the BVO. Together with the Service Desk Coordinator, Change Manager and Service Manager, you manage all operational processes within the BVO. We carry out these for our customers; the Municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn and the Municipality of Kaag en Braassem. Within the management team there is a lot of collaboration within the processes, but also as close colleagues.
We are currently in a professionalization phase, which means that we expect, among other things, that you think about improvements in processes and implement them within the organization. Because both the BVO and the two municipalities want to make even more use of all the possibilities that TOPdesk offers in the near future, we are looking for someone who has a lot of experience with the possibilities of TOPdesk. This specialist knowledge is definitely an advantage.
Who are we?
We are the Business Management Organization Rijn en Braassem (BVO).
Since January 1, 2018, we have been responsible for everything in the field of Information and Automation (I&A) that takes place at our two customers, the municipalities of Alphen aan den Rijn and Kaag en Braassem.
Who are you?
As an incident and problem manager you have an HBO work and thinking level with a completed ICT training. You have at least 3 years of work experience in a similar position and are preferably familiar with municipal processes and organization. You know how to carry out work in an independent and structured manner and keep an overview and set priorities. With your communication skills and customer-oriented attitude, you know how to help the customer in a flexible and solution-oriented manner. Naturally, you master the Dutch language, spoken and written. In addition, you have extensive experience with ITIL processes and service management software (TOPdesk).
For this position we are looking for someone who has analytical skills, stress-resistant, communicative, quality-oriented, results-oriented and customer-oriented.
Furthermore, we expect that you recognize yourself in the identity of our organization that we describe above.
What do we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to participate in the services provided to the residents of the municipalities of Alphen aan den Rijn and Kaag en Braassem. A challenging position with a social importance!
We also offer you:
- Salary in scale 9 of the Collective Labor Agreement for Municipalities (min. €3,167 and max. €4,537 based on 36 hours). With proven suitability, progression to scale 10 is possible (min. €3,396 and max. 5,009);
- Various training options so that you can further develop your potential;
- 17.05% financial choice budget on top of your salary;
- Flexible working hours and all facilities for hybrid working, including a smartphone and a laptop;
- Partially paid parental leave.
Our vision and culture are reflected in our way of working, our transparent town hall and dynamic working environment. We have flexible workplaces and a work café; the place for an inspiring work meeting and chance encounters. For more information about our secondary employment conditions, visit www.werkenbijalphenaandenrijn.nl/ Arbeidsvoorwaarden.
For questions about this vacancy, you can contact Jos van Weers from the Policy and Management Information Services team, available on telephone number 06-50171582.
Do you feel addressed? Then we look forward to receiving your short motivation and CV. You can apply via the apply button at the top of this web page. We ask you to indicate in your motivation which competencies you have and how they will make a difference within our organization.
This vacancy is open to external candidates. External employees who already work for us are given priority in the recruitment procedure.
A background check is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Jos van Weers from Operations (
+31 6 50171582)
About the organization
The modern, transparent appearance of the glass town hall of the Municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn reflects the ambition of the organization and welcomes residents in an open and hospitable manner.
more about the Municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn >
Town Hall Square 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.