Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Gouda
Apply no later than Tuesday 9 May 2023
Who are you going to work with?
You work in the Geo-information team of the Public Space Management Department (BOR) of the municipality of Gouda. Geo-information is of great importance for the entire municipal organisation. We bring data together and turn it into useful information. This supports processes and substantiates and monitors policy and decisions. It concerns a wide range of social themes. Think of the management of public space, but also issues such as the energy transition, subsiding soil, climate adaptation, cultural history and mobility. We make all available information accessible to colleagues, residents and companies in a clear manner via https://gis.gouda.nl/.
The lines within the organization are short and we know where to find each other. You manage and develop the Geo data warehouse and the gisviewer together with the functional manager, suppliers and colleagues from the information provision and automation department.
You will also participate in the Data team of the Smart, Fast and Digital program for about half a day a week. This is a multidisciplinary team that transcends departments, with a data engineer/BI specialist, a Geo specialist, information managers, managers of the source applications, project leaders and a team coordinator. Together we convert ideas into results and transfer them to the organization.
What are you going to do?
As a Geodata engineer you work on further professionalizing the Geo data warehouse so that it remains future-proof. You make reliable information available to the entire organization, where possible as open data.
Your work together:
- You follow innovations and national developments and initiate improvements that are realistic and meet the needs of the organization.
- You develop the Geo data warehouse, the gis viewer and the gis tools.
- You think along with colleagues about policy questions and advise on the use of data.
- You monitor the reliability of the data in the data warehouse.
- You ensure improvement of the metadata and therefore retrievability.
- You provide new ways to retrieve external data.
- You come up with applications for the Lidar point cloud that we have from Gouda.
- You ensure that message traffic from national facilities is properly collected and processed.
- You make smart use of available data by combining it and you know what is allowed.
- You apply the rules of the AVG and ensure proper authorization of the data.
- You develop new processes to work data-driven. For this you consult with colleagues from different policy fields.
- You make the connection between Geo-information and Business Intelligence.
Why is this the job for you?
You are a geodata specialist. You see it as a challenge to collect internal and external data in a smart way and make it available to users so that the information helps colleagues to perform municipal tasks. With this information you contribute to a wide range of social themes for which a municipality is responsible.
You want to work in an organization with short lines, where we know each other well. Within a team where all activities involving maps, data and geo-information come together. You see opportunities for improvements yourself and you start working on them. If you need training or support for this, there is plenty of room to develop. You are ambitious and realistic. And you ensure that the information provision is in line with the questions of colleagues.
What does your colleague say?
“I provide colleagues, companies and residents with up-to-date and correct geo-information. We already do a lot with geo-information and are exploring the possibilities with 3D. Colleagues from all over the organization know where to find us with all kinds of questions. And that’s a good thing, because without good information you can’t make good decisions! You will be part of a fun team with nice and pleasant colleagues and there is plenty of room to develop yourself.”
What do you have?
You work independently and know through experience how to guarantee the provision of information. You also recognize yourself in the following points:
- You have a demonstrable HBO / WO level of work and thinking or sufficient experience that shows this;
- You have experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho or FME.
- You have experience with Oracle SQL and Oracle Spatial.
- You have experience with Gis packages such as QGIS or Arcgis and with Geoserver.
- You have experience with the use of geostandards and information models such as IMGEO and IMBOR.
- You have experience with functional management.
- Experience with Cognos or Pentaho is an advantage to make the connection between Geo-information and BI.
Competencies that suit you well are:
- Analytical insight.
- Problem solving ability.
- Planned and result-oriented.
- To collaborate.
Are you enthusiastic after reading this vacancy, but do you not yet fully meet the profile? Then apply! Starting in the starting scale is a possibility. We are curious who you are and what you bring. Together we look at your development points and what is needed.
This is what we offer:
Gouda has traditionally been the city of cheese and stroopwafels. Tasteful and diverse! A fun, medium-sized city with metropolitan challenges; because Gouda is developing rapidly. Much remains to be done in the coming years. That’s why we’re also looking for #tastemakers, because we can use your ideas and knowledge! What flavor do you add to Gouda?
What do we offer besides taste?
- If your work allows it, hybrid working is one of the options, in which we focus on a good work-life balance;
- Beautiful modern, centrally located, House of the City with a #tasteful company restaurant;
- Good ICT facilities including a wide choice of smartphones that you can use for work and private life;
- Wide range of fringe benefits;
- Flat organization with plenty of room for your own input;
- Individual choice budget of 17.05% which you can use for various purposes such as training, extra salary or leave;
- A lot of attention for personal development with your own development budget;
- Wide range in the field of your development and vitality via the GoudAcademie, such as courses, (online) training, e-learnings, webinars, masterclasses and e-books;
- < 35 years old? Join 'Jong Goud' for personal development and networking drinks.
Would you like to taste the atmosphere? Check out www.werkenvoorgouda.nl
Salary and contract
This is a permanent position for 32 – 36 hours, where we always start with a contract for one year. The intended salary level depends on education and experience and is a minimum of €3,396 and a maximum of €5,009 gross per month for 36 hours (scale 10, Collective Labor Agreement for municipalities 2023).
It is also possible to start in the starting scale. In that case, we will look together at where your development lies and how we can shape this. Even then, the salary level depends on education and experience and is a minimum of €3,167 and a maximum of €4,537 gross per month for 36 hours (scale 9, Collective Labor Agreement for municipalities 2023).
Do you also want to work with us as a #tastemaker? Then apply immediately via the button or the application form below. This is possible until 9 May. The interviews are scheduled for May 15 or 16.
More information about the position can be obtained from Margot Quist, team coordinator of the Geo-information team, on 06 48135551.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Alexandra Snouck Hurgronje, HRM department, on 06-4338523.
You will receive a response to your application as soon as possible after the closing date for the vacancy. After an initial selection, we approach the candidates for an interview. We hold a maximum of 3 job interviews, these interviews will take place physically in the House of the City, Burgemeester Jamesplein 1 in Gouda. We may also use a reference check and/or (online) assessment. If you are our #taste maker, you will receive a final working conditions interview. We require a certificate of good conduct (VOG) from all our new colleagues.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Alexandra Snouck Hurgronje from the Municipality of Gouda (
About the organization
In Gouda there is a relatively large influx into Youth Protection and Youth Probation Service and the associated relatively high deployment of specialist help. The municipality wants to boost the possibilities for the project “down the stairs” by appointing a
more about Municipality of Gouda >
Mayor Jamesplein 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.