Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Dijk en Waard
Functional Space Manager (VTH)
Functional Space Manager (VTH)
Want to work on digital development and ensure optimally functioning systems? Then this vacancy is for you!
The municipality of Dijk en Waard is an ambitious municipality and is fully engaged in digital development. We really notice that we are taking great steps together! That is why we are looking for a Functional Space Manager, with a primary focus on Licensing, Supervision and Enforcement (VTH). With your knowledge and commitment you ensure that the applications you manage function properly. You look ahead every day to make improvements for our customers.
What are you going to do?
You are responsible for the optimal functioning and continuous improvement of our applications within the Space domain, the primary focus is on the application of the VTH department and some other systems. Together with various fellow functional managers within this domain team, such as the GEO/GIS managers, you are responsible for providing a reliable, agile, scalable and innovative information provision to this domain.
The applications within this domain are used subject-specifically. So with your work you really make a difference for the professionals within the Space domain.
Because we are getting more and more SAAS applications, the work of the functional manager is shifting to a management role. You are the link between customers, suppliers, internal IT colleagues and other stakeholders and ensure that customers, I&A colleagues and other stakeholders are informed in time of changes. A challenging and versatile position!
That’s not all, in addition:
- Maintain close contact with the users and owners of the applications, addressing their questions, wishes and problems;
- You are responsible for managing user rights and authorizations;
- Ensure that a management plan is created and maintained. You coordinate and implement changes, including drawing up test and implementation plans;
- Do you know which contact agreements have been made with our suppliers within the domain and do you ensure, in consultation with our contract and supplier manager, that we take the right steps if these are not met;
- Ensure that important guidelines, such as information security and privacy, are adhered to.
You really have a passion for functional management and helping our organization. You closely follow external developments. You want to continue to develop yourself. Like no other, you are a connector between the customer, internal and external (supplier) parties, you like to keep customers satisfied but you also dare to say no.
You like to tackle problems and solving them is no problem for you. Involving colleagues in issues to find solutions comes naturally to you. You keep an overview, prioritize and can carry out multiple assignments at the same time. In the event of changes, you are able to adhere to important frameworks, such as information security and privacy, and apply measures if necessary.
You also bring the following:
- A completed education and/or work experience at HBO thinking and working level;
- Experience in a similar position or demonstrable affinity with this field;
- Demonstrable knowledge of functional management and relevant methodologies in the form of certificates from BISL and possibly ASL;
- Knowledge of business processes, information needs and user requirements of domain space – VTH is an advantage;
- Basic technical knowledge of ICT and information systems.
We offer you
Working at the Municipality of Dijk en Waard means working with major challenges, together with driven colleagues in a pleasant and developing working environment. You can see the result of your work close by. We encourage and facilitate you to get the best out of yourself.
In addition, we offer you:
- A salary between €3,317 and €4,752 gross per month (scale 9) based on 36 hours;
- An employment contract for 32-36 hours (4x 9 hours is also negotiable)
- A fixed-term contract, with the prospect of permanent employment;
- An individual choice budget of 18.45% of your gross annual salary. You can use this for extra leave or extra money, for example;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself through our wide range of training and education.
And that includes:
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home;
- An allowance for your travel costs;
- A work-from-home allowance;
- A laptop and phone.
Working for Dijk en Waard means working for a young municipality, focused on growth and challenge.
The municipality of Dijk en Waard is in full swing! In the coming years we want to develop digitally and create conditions for this. The I&A department has a very important role in this, as a driver of development and to ensure that we take these steps in a responsible manner. Because we believe it is important to properly support the organization and effectively manage IT suppliers, we set up the I&A department as a management organization. We continuously use new functionality and ICT solutions, but we also attach great importance to monitoring risks and the frameworks within which we can implement this properly. Functional management is already very important at Dijk en Waard, so we can really use your efforts!
Curious about us? Here we tell you our story.
The Information & Automation (I&A) department
You will work in the Information and Automation (I&A) department. This department is part of the Operations domain and supports our entire organization. The I&A department is a dynamic department with more than 50 colleagues who are involved in digital development, the ICT infrastructure and information management of our municipality. The department is managed by the head of the department in the staff team. Together with the two team leaders, enterprise architect, strategic advisor and portfolio manager, they provide strategy and direction for the department. Knowing more? Then take a look at our page: I&A Department (werkenbijdijkenwaard.nl).
Would you like to know what colleagues think of working in the I&A department? Read here how Husman and Hanneke experience this!
You will work within the Space domain team. Here you work closely with the information advisor, functional managers and senior functional managers on digital developments in the field of Space. Of course, you also work together with many other colleagues from other teams within the department, including technical management, IT service desk, advisors, information management and the staff team.
Have you become enthusiastic?
Do you see yourself working as a Functional Space Manager (VTH) for our municipality? Then we look forward to receiving your application with CV and motivation letter! We would like to read why you are a good fit for this position.
We will respond to you within 5 working days and let you know whether you will be invited for an introductory meeting.
Do you want to know more?
Which can! Call or app Joyce Zuurbier (I&A Team Leader) on 06-10483013. She will be happy to tell you more!
We do not appreciate acquisition in response to this vacancy
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Róbin Kramer from the Municipality of Dijk en Waard (
About the organization
Are you a professional who looks outward and always wants to develop further? Then the municipality of Dijk en Waard is looking for you! Together we work on a better and more enjoyable environment for everyone who lives, works, does business and lives here. Excellent service for our residents is the common thread in our work.
Do you want to make a difference for everyone in our beautiful municipality with your ambitions and talent? Let us know!
more about the Municipality of Dijk en Waard >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.