Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Zaanstad
Functional manager Social Domain
Apply no later than Sunday 14 May 2023
Zaanstad is one of the 20 largest municipalities in the Netherlands and is still growing. This growth offers opportunities to modernize the city and improve its quality of life.
The use of ICT plays a major role in achieving Zaanstad’s ambitions. Electronic services to citizens are becoming increasingly important and ICT is also being used more and more intensively in internal business operations. Zaanstad is ambitious, also in the field of ICT. In addition to providing adequate services, innovation and development are important spearheads. For example, we keep a close eye on the technological possibilities and apply them where possible and useful. The Functional Management team is a young team, which gives you a lot of freedom of movement in your position. The team for the social work field consists of 5 driven and enthusiastic colleagues.
Contribute to our society with your solutions. That is what you will do as a functional manager at Zaanstad. Behind every social challenge, there is often also a challenge in the field of IT. Whether it concerns youth care, poverty, energy allowances, participation or WMO, each theme brings its own puzzles. Together with your team you try to solve these IT puzzles. You will be faced with issues such as: How do we organize existing applications logically? Or how can we get applications to communicate with each other correctly? Because we manage around 20 applications, you get the opportunity to delve into a new issue again and again.
A selection of your activities:
- You specify functionalities for the supplier on the basis of processes and user wishes.
- You are the client for the supplier in the realization of functionalities.
- You draw up implementation plans.
- You carry out tests and manage the test process of the user organization.
- You formulate improvement proposals and support users.
You know how to find your way in a dynamic field in which you work with different applications and support many colleagues. You can work well together and you get energy from interacting with others. Because you ask questions and listen, it is no problem for you to understand the wishes of the user. You are linguistically proficient and have sufficient technical knowledge to then concretise these wishes in a design that the supplier can use.
You also bring:
- a relevant HBO diploma (for example Business Informatics; if you have just graduated, we are also open to your application);
- relevant work experience is a plus;
- knowledge of BISL, ASL and ITIL;
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle SQL and XML is a plus.
Terms of employment
Great work with a good, ambitious employer. A job in which you can make a difference and make a valuable contribution to the challenges and future of Zaanstad.
What else can you expect?
- A salary between €3,396 and €5,009 gross per month (scale 10 based on 36 hours, scale depends on experience)
- A job for 32-36 hours a week
- An individual choice budget (IKB) of no less than 17.05%, which you can spend on extra vacation days, training, a bicycle or extra salary
- Hybrid working: both in the unique town hall, located directly next to the Zaandam railway station, and from home. Working hours/days can be arranged flexibly
- Partly paid parental leave
- A homework allowance of €3 net per day
- A travel allowance based on a tax exchange. If you travel by public transport, you will also receive a net travel allowance
Do you want to know more about our employment conditions? Then click further: https://werkenbij.zaanstad.nl/vacatures/voorwaarden
Do you already see yourself working as a functional manager at Zaanstad? Then we would like to receive your application no later than Sunday 14 May. Do you have any substantive questions? Please contact Peter van Houten (team leader) on 075-6816818. Do you have questions about the procedure? Then call or app Obadja Arends (Corporate Recruiter) on 06-31042369.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Arends, (Obadja) from the Municipality of Zaanstad (
About the organization
Zaanstad is growing fast. Our city is expected to grow to more than 200,000 inhabitants in 2040. This growth offers opportunities for the city, but also opportunities for you! In order to realize the ambitions for the future, we are looking for enterprising professionals to help us with this. We pay a lot of attention to personal growth and self-development and give you the space to get the best out of yourself. This way you can make a difference and contribute to the growth of our city.
more about Municipality of Zaanstad >
100 Town Hall Square
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.