Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Dordrecht
Apply no later than Saturday, September 14, 2024
Do you have (extensive) experience with application integration? And do you get energy from a dynamic environment with a diversity of applications, connections and business needs? Then read on!
Where will you work?
You will work within the Smart Data Center (SDC), part of the Drechtsteden Research Center. We are a small team with which we facilitate data-driven projects. Our work area – data-driven working, data management and API management – is developing rapidly, and so are we. The municipality of Dordrecht offers numerous internal training options, for example on properly questioning customer needs and personal leadership. But we also encourage you to continue learning substantively, for example through courses and training in the field of big data & warehousing or machine learning.
As part of the Service Municipality of Dordrecht, the SDC provides services to the various organizational units of the Drechtsteden, including the 7 regional municipalities (Dordrecht, Zwijndrecht, Papendrecht, Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Sliedrecht, Alblasserdam and Hardinxveld-Giessendam).
What are you going to do?
In your role, you contribute to the business continuity of the various organizations in the Drechtsteden region. We manage the regional integration facility, where national facilities (such as basic registers) and local sources come together. With your knowledge of functional management and data exchange, and in particular with regard to municipal standards for messaging and APIs, you ensure that municipal (e-)services can continue to be provided.
You carry out the daily management of the integration facility and data warehouse and also help to further develop the use of the facilities. For example, by supporting projects that require a link. You work partly on a project basis with various stakeholders. You take into account current standards and working methods in the field of application integration in a municipal context. You also support your colleagues in the team with questions that require unlocking data sources.
What are you taking with you?
- At least a completed HBO education (e.g. ICT, Computer Science or comparable working and thinking level gained through experience);
- (extensive) Experience with data engineering;
- Experience managing an integration facility and data warehouse;
- Extensive experience with application integration in a municipal application landscape and unlocking basic and core registrations;
- Experience with important messaging standards such as StUF (SOAP/XML) and the ebMS interface for governments;
- Experience with SQL (Oracle), Web services (REST and SOAP) and working with PKI certificates;
- Knowledge of the Common Ground APIs is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the Neuron Integration Platform and the Neuron Data Warehouse.
In addition, you have good communication skills and analytical skills. Given the complexity, new software and the rapidly changing environment, you have a high adaptability, you are conceptually strong and creative in devising technical solutions. You are a real team player and set high standards for the quality of your work.
What do we offer you?
An independent position with a lot of freedom in a growing and interesting field. In addition, you will end up in a friendly team and you will have the opportunity to further develop yourself in areas that are interesting for you and for the organization.
In addition to an employment contract for a period of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment, you can count on:
- Classification in scale 10 or 11 (municipal collective labor agreement) based on a 36-hour working week. Your classification depends on knowledge, education and experience and amounts to between €3,396 and €5,725 gross per month. During the application procedure we look at your talents, qualities and work experience and make you a suitable proposal.
- Working part-time is no problem for us, we determine the number of hours in consultation with you
- Training opportunities to continue growing in your profession;
- A laptop and smartphone on loan;
- An Individual Choice Budget (IKB) of 17.05% of your gross salary. You can, for example, use this budget for:
- additional days of leave
- a bicycle scheme
- purchasing additional pension
- a contribution to sports-related matters
- Flexible working hours in which hybrid working is facilitated with a home work allowance of €3 net per day. Commuting travel allowance. Do you travel by public transport? Then you will be reimbursed 100% of these costs;
- Parental leave;
- Pension scheme at ABP;
- Collective premium discount on supplementary health insurance with CZ, Iza or Menzis;
Apply or want to know more?
Got excited? Then apply directly via the application button. Would you like to know more about this position? Please contact Linda Scheelbeek (Manager Research Center Drechtsteden & Smart Data Center) on 078-770 3922 or Sander Brabander (chief data officer) on 06-40057374.
The vacancy is open until a suitable candidate is found.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Nathasja Noort from Service Municipality of Dordrecht (
About the organization
The municipality of Dordrecht not only listens carefully to its citizens, but also to its employees. Because they make the difference. Of course, we do expect something from you. Such as your motivation to achieve results as an employee, to stand up for what you have agreed and involvement in everything that lives and plays in this beautiful city. As a municipal organization, we can be extra flexible. And tailor your personal wishes (temporary or structural) in good consultation to our interests and those of the citizenry.
This way your drive can win in Dordrecht. By this we mainly mean your motivation to perform as an employee. Although you will also find all possible sports and recreational facilities in this beautiful city.
more about the Municipality of Dordrecht >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.