Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Tilburg
Functional Application Manager Permits
Apply no later than Thursday, February 29, 2024
This new Environmental Act, but also other laws such as the General Local Regulation, the Alcohol Act and the Housing Act, require a simplified and modernized permit process. Do you want to play an important role in managing the digital design and optimization of the applications we work with, so that employees, residents and companies are helped faster, easier and better in realizing their plans? Then read on!
What are you going to do
As a functional Application Manager for Permits, you ensure that the digital process surrounding permits remains up to date and you support colleagues who work with the applications. We use the RxMission application for Permits, Supervision and Enforcement (VTH) processes and applications such as RxLaunch and Validsign. You help digitize processes and are ready to answer questions about the use of the applications. You do this in close collaboration with the Permits Information Advisor, the other functional application manager of the Safety and Neighborhoods department, key users and various colleagues from the Data, Information and Technology department.
Your most important tasks:
- Supporting key users and users to optimize the use of the applications (answering questions, proactively communicating about changes);
- Manage documentation surrounding the applications, such as user manuals, system documentation and workflow descriptions;
- Operational management of ICT suppliers in accordance with agreements made about services and assignments issued;
- Testing and accepting changes delivered by IT suppliers, and updating documentation for new releases and changes;
- Ensuring a smooth introduction of new releases in the organization.
Where will you work?
You will work in the Services department, Permits cluster, which consists of 2 Permits teams. The cluster you will become part of consists of approximately 60 enthusiastic colleagues between the ages of 26 and 63. These are advisors, coordinators, legal employees, various permit providers, Building Decree Technical Advisors and Support employees.
You work closely with the information advisor, key users and other end users on the management, further design and optimization of RxMission and RxLaunch. In addition to colleagues from the team, you also work with various colleagues from the Safety & Neighborhoods and Data, Information and Technology departments. In addition, you regularly work with external partners such as the Safety Region and the Environment Agency.
There is an atmosphere of expertise and conviviality within the team, where knowledge sharing is central and activities are regularly organized. For example, there was recently a beer tasting and an evening at the Tilburg Trappers is planned.
Within your position you have the freedom to organize your time and day yourself, whereby you work approximately 50% at the office (the modern Stadswinkel) and 50% from home.
What are you bringing?
We are looking for someone with a positive and critical work attitude, who shows ownership and takes responsibility. You speak both the language of automation and that of the user or are able to master this in the short term. You are a good listener who understands users’ needs and can solve problems for them. You are proactive, have an eye for planning and organizing and strive to connect and inspire people to change their working methods and improve performance. The ability to be results-oriented is crucial to working effectively and efficiently in this dynamic environment. You bring:
- A completed HBO education (for example in Business Administration, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Architecture and/or planning with an affinity for ICT);
- Experience with the implementation of ICT systems;
- Experience with SaaS applications and preferably also WABO, APV, DSO and Environmental Act;
- You are available for 32 to 36 hours.
What do you get in return
The Municipality of Tilburg offers an inspiring working environment where diversity is valued and authenticity is encouraged. As part of a leading government organization, you get the opportunity to contribute not only to Tilburg, but also to your own growth thanks to our extensive range of training courses through the Tilburgs Leerhuis.
We also offer you:
- The position is classified in salary scale 10 with starting scale 9. Based on full-time employment, this is a minimum of €3,317 and a maximum of €5,247 gross per month. Depending on your experience and current situation, we will make you the best possible proposal within this bandwidth;
- 194 hours of leave and the option to purchase a maximum of 187 additional hours of leave (based on full-time employment);
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% on top of your salary. That you can use it throughout the year for, for example, extra leave, an extra payment, study, holiday pay or the purchase of an (electric) bicycle;
- An employer contribution to the costs of health insurance;
- A good pension scheme at ABP;
- If you perform well, you will in principle receive a permanent contract after one year;
- A good work-life balance with a working week of max. 36 hours, partial working from home and flexibility in terms of working hours;
- A standing/sitting desk, office chair and accessories to fully and properly set up your home workplace;
- A laptop and mobile phone;
- Do you travel by public transport? Your travel costs will then be fully reimbursed (2nd class).
Do you want to play an important role in managing the digital design and optimization of applications so that residents and companies can be helped faster, easier and better in realizing their plans? Apply via the button below.
The vacancy is open until February 29. The interviews are expected to take place in week 10. Would you like more information about the position first? Please contact Aart Verheggen, Permits team manager, on tel no. 0653779497. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Lieke van Laarhoven, Recruiter, on tel no. 06-31144021, quoting vacancy number DVL24-02.
The Municipality of Tilburg wants to be a reliable partner (employer) for citizens and employees. That is why we ask you to provide a valid Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) as part of the process to come and work with us.
Sharing the vacancy is welcome, even please! Acquisition is not appreciated.
More about the Municipality of Tilburg: https://www.werkenvoortilburg.nl/pagina/ departments
More about our employment conditions: https://www.werkenvoortilburg.nl/pagina/ Arbeidsvoorwaarden
More about collective labor agreements for municipalities: https://www.caogemeenten.nl/
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Aart Verheggen from the Municipality of Tilburg (
+31 6 53779497)
About the organization
In Tilburg we work demand-oriented. The customer’s question is central. We are constantly working on that. This means that we want to continually adapt the organization to changes in society and to the wishes of the citizen. Our ambitions are high: a municipality that stands for openness and results, where you work with pleasure and pride. It is not always known, but Tilburg is at the forefront of many developments. There is always room for improvement and that is what we strive for.
Working at the municipality of Tilburg means a good balance between work and private life and an excellent package of employment conditions. You can expect that from a large and modern employer. You get a lot of space. For example, to plan your hours at your own discretion. Even if it is necessary and convenient to work from home. In addition, no less than 30% of all employees work part-time. Excellent employment conditions tailored to your needs.
more about the Municipality of Tilburg >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.