Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Zaanstad
Functional Application Manager Basic information
Apply no later than Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Zaanstad is one of the 20 largest municipalities in the Netherlands and is still growing. This growth offers opportunities to modernize the city and improve its quality of life.
The use of ICT plays a major role in achieving Zaanstad’s ambitions. Electronic services to citizens are becoming increasingly important and ICT is also being used more and more intensively in internal business operations. Zaanstad is ambitious, also in the field of ICT. In addition to providing adequate services, innovation and development are important spearheads. For example, we keep a close eye on the technological possibilities and apply them where possible and useful. The Functional Management team is a young team, which gives you a lot of freedom of movement in your position.
Together with your team you manage more than 30 municipal applications. That is the challenge that awaits you within the Basic Information cluster!
Become a crucial part of our Zaanse ICT mill!
You will use your social skills and technical knowledge to adjust our applications to the wishes of the users and organization. One of the challenges is keeping the application for civil affairs up to date, a complex and large process. Civil affairs are also part of the ‘core business’ of our municipality. A well-functioning application is therefore indispensable. You are also involved in maintaining the links between the many applications.
You are also responsible for:
- providing management, design, maintenance and further development of various applications in the field of Civil Affairs, Taxation and Data Distribution;
- supporting users and identifying user requirements;
- creating and maintaining documentation about the applications and environments;
- maintaining an overview and advising on the chain, the data flows within that chain and the underlying infrastructure;
- analyzing business processes together with users and advising on the effective use of information facilities within those business processes;
- participate in IT projects.
You are a professional who knows how to find your way in a dynamic field of work. You are a real team player and get energy from interacting with others. Because you can ask and listen well, it is no problem for you to understand the wishes. You are linguistically proficient and have sufficient technical knowledge to then concretise these wishes. Also not unimportant: you are responsible for the applications at Civil Affairs. Is something going less well? Then we expect you to be there and solve the problem quickly with your pragmatic approach.
You also have:
- HBO working and thinking level. Preferably a relevant HBO education, such as Business Informatics or Functional Management;
- knowledge and experience in the functional management of applications;
- knowledge and experience in creating, managing and analyzing links between applications;
- you know how to quickly familiarize yourself with the application landscape;
- Knowledge of Civil Affairs processes is a nice plus.
Terms of employment
Working as a functional application manager at the municipality of Zaanstad means working for an organization with ambition. In the learning, development-oriented organization that is Zaanstad, you get every opportunity to develop your talents. You will work with driven, enthusiastic colleagues, you will have very interesting activities and a great (flexible) workplace.
In addition, we offer you:
- a good salary between €3,090 and €4,671 (based on 36 hours per week, scale 10). Scale depends on knowledge and experience;
- an employment contract of 36 hours per week;
- an annual contract with the intention of converting it to permanent employment upon mutual satisfaction;
- individual Choice budget (IKB) of 17.05% of your gross annual salary (made up of holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus, among other things);
- an excellent pension scheme from ABP;
- a laptop and iPhone from the company;
- excellent accessibility by public transport. The town hall is located right next to Zaandam station;
- a travel allowance based on a tax exchange. If you travel by public transport, you will also receive a net allowance;
- a homework allowance of €2 net per day.
An extensive overview of our terms of employment can be found at www.werkenbij.zaanstad.nl/voorwaarden.
Can you see yourself working as a functional application manager at Zaanstad? Then we would like to receive your application no later than Tuesday 28 March.
The conversations are as follows:
- first round of interviews: Thursday April 6 and Friday April 7 (afternoon)
- second round of interviews: Thursday 13 April
- employment conditions interview: Tuesday 18 April (afternoon)
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Do you have any substantive questions? Please contact Peter van Houten (team leader) on 075-6816818. Do you have questions about the procedure? Then call or app Anouk Oostenbrink (Corporate Recruiter) on 06-21282204.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Oostenbrink – Louter, (Anouk) A. van Gemeente Zaanstad (
About the organization
Zaanstad is growing fast. Our city is expected to grow to more than 200,000 inhabitants in 2040. This growth offers opportunities for the city, but also opportunities for you! In order to realize the ambitions for the future, we are looking for enterprising professionals to help us with this. We pay a lot of attention to personal growth and self-development and give you the space to get the best out of yourself. This way you can make a difference and contribute to the growth of our city.
more about Municipality of Zaanstad >
100 Town Hall Square
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.