Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Edam-Volendam
Apply no later than Monday, March 13, 2023
For the section Information provision of the department Business management we are looking for a:
with a customer and service-oriented approach
(Business Operations Employee A, 36 hours a week)
The department and section
Various disciplines are represented in the Operations department, which must ensure that the rest of the organization can function optimally through (policy) framework, advice and support. The department’s activities include (financial) planning & control, financial administration, taxes, facility support, computerization & automation (ICT) and documentary information provision. The last two components are organizationally housed in the Information provision section. This section would like to strengthen the Functional Management team with a colleague who focuses on service, customer focus and quality.
About the job
As a functional manager you are the linking pin between the end users, the internal ICT team and the suppliers of our ICT systems. This provides you with a broad and varied package of work, from monitoring the continuity of information provision, testing and testing new or changed systems to preparing transitions. In a customer-oriented and problem-solving manner, you ensure that your internal and external customers can get the best out of our systems. Manuals, information and answering questions are your most important tools. You don’t turn your hand around for participating in projects based on your experience and expertise. A rewarding position, rarely boring and always with an important social component: the best service for your own colleagues, but also for our residents, companies, agencies and. In that role you are one of the ambassadors for the team.
What are you going to do?
As a Functional Administrator, your duties include:
- Collecting and analyzing relevant information and translating national and regional developments into the municipal situation;
- Identifying and responding to developments and shifts in the local situation;
- Contributing to policy development, developing alternatives and making proposals in the policy area of computerization and ICT;
- Consulting with users about policy intentions, bottlenecks and possible solutions;
- Analyzing data and making proposals to adjust processes and procedures;
- Advising on the purchase of equipment and software and maintaining contacts with suppliers;
- Contributing to management activities and solving complex issues;
- Co-ordinating the implementation, maintenance and technical management of ICT systems, networks and applications;
- Translating developments and bottlenecks in an understandable manner into specific and concretely applicable concepts;
- Providing group-wide information provision from the systems;
- Initiating new applications and improvements to ICT systems;
- Leading and/or participating in (sub)projects in the field.
What are you bringing?
- A completed HBO education in Information Technology, Technical Business Administration or Computer Science;
- Willingness to further develop yourself within the field;
- At least 1 year of work experience as a functional manager;
- Demonstrable experience with BiSL, BiSL Next and PRINCE2;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and Lean.
Competencies such as customer orientation, persuasiveness, problem-solving ability, initiative, flexibility, carefulness and communication skills are made for you.
What do we offer you?
We offer you a challenging position as a Functional Manager with a lot of responsibility. In addition to the opportunity to develop yourself further, depending on your knowledge, education and experience, a maximum salary of €4,208 gross per month is offered for this position (job scale 9) at 36 hours per week with an additional Individual Choice Budget (17.05 %). In addition, the usual municipal legal status regulations and the collective labor agreement of municipalities apply.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Do not wait any longer and apply immediately! For more information about this position, please contact Jan Burger, Information Services Team Leader, or Jeroen Scheijde, HR advisor, for information about the procedure. Both can be reached on telephone number (0299) 398398. You can submit your response with CV and letter of motivation via the application form before March 13, 2023, stating vacancy number HR-8 | Functional manager.
More information can be found on our website www.werkenbij.edam-volendam.nl.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Kees Klouwer of the Municipality of Edam-Volendam (
About the organization
more about Municipality of Edam-Volendam >
W. van de Knoopdreef 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.