Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Edam-Volendam
First-line ICT Service Desk employee
Apply no later than Monday, November 20, 2023
About the position
As a First-line ICT Service Desk employee, you support colleagues within the team with activities in the field of ICT. You are responsible for the handling, progress monitoring and feedback (telephone, physical, self-service or by e-mail) of 1st line issues.
- For this position we are looking for someone who carries out both ICT service desk and workplace management related work, including:
- Ensure a clear, correct and complete registration of reports and the activities carried out in an Incident Service Management System;
- Workplace management to be carried out through on-site support;
- Managing, installing, configuring, distributing and maintaining workplaces and workplace environments;
- To take care of the administration to promote the issuance and collection of mobile communications equipment.
Various disciplines are represented within the Operations department, which must ensure that the rest of the organization can function optimally through (policy) framework setting, advice and support. The department is concerned with, among other things, (financial) planning & control, financial administration, taxes, facility support, computerization & automation (ICT) and documentary information provision. The latter two components are organizationally housed in the Information Provision section. The ICT Service Desk, as part of the Information Provision section, would like to strengthen itself with a colleague who, as a first-line Service Desk employee, strives for service, customer focus and quality.
What do we offer you?
A challenging position with a lot of responsibility. In addition to the opportunity to develop further, depending on your knowledge, education and experience, a maximum salary of €3,612 gross per month is offered for this position (job scale 7) at 36 hours per week.
You can also count on an excellent secondary employment conditions package, such as:
- An individual choice budget (IKB) of 17.05% of your gross salary that you can use for, for example, payment, purchase of extra leave, or training;
- Monthly contribution to the contribution of your sports association or school;
- Commuter travel allowance of €0.21 per km (from 5 km one-way commuting).
What are you taking with you?
For this position it is important that you have several years of work experience in IT. You therefore know better than anyone else how to name the different processes. You are committed to providing a high level of service and always put the user first. You are enthusiastic, eager to learn, decisive, flexible, results-oriented and like to be challenged to think along and work on new developments or changes in working methods.
Furthermore, it is important that you:
- Have at least a MBO level 4 working and thinking level tailored to the position;
- You are at your best when you are given the freedom to take initiative;
- Have good communication and administrative skills;
- Are committed and can work independently as well as in a team;
- You are in possession of a driving license B.
That’s why we work at Edam-Volendam
Working at Edam-Volendam is never boring. We have everything: city, village, countryside, professional football, double aging, farmers, tourism, catering, music and culture. We are a large small development municipality. Our projects are larger than you would expect from a municipality of our size.
The municipal organization is a reflection of the dynamics of society. A mix of driven colleagues who have been working there for a long time, are loyal and full of knowledge. And new colleagues who approach matters with a fresh, open perspective. We strive for simply good service. We ensure that the right people are in the right place. That’s why you have the
opportunity to follow training and further development. We ensure good internal mobility and career opportunities. Working from home is allowed, but we do not have a work-from-home culture. We prefer to work together at one of our locations. And we strive for a good balance between work and private life. An advantage, there is almost never a traffic jam towards our municipality from all sides.
Our community is about people. We stand for our people. Because people make Edam-Volendam.
Will you join our team?
You can upload your response with CV and motivation letter before November 20, 2023 via the application form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the vacancy First-line ICT Service Desk employee.
Want to know more about this vacancy?
For more information about this position, please contact Jan Burger, Information Provision Team Leader or for information about the procedure, contact HR advisor Jeroen Scheijde. Both can be reached on telephone number (0299) 398398.
More information about this function can be found on our website. werkenbij.edam-volendam.nl
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Esther van Eijk from the Municipality of Edam-Volendam (
About the organization
more about Municipality of Edam-Volendam >
W. van de Knoopdreef 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.