Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Vlaardingen
Employee data management and digital services
Apply no later than Friday, August 18, 2023
Employee data management and digital services
We believe that the heritage of Vlaardingen should be optimally opened up digitally. We are looking for someone who has a clear vision on developing and managing a heritage-wide knowledge base. Do you want to work at the intersection of digitization and old archives, archaeological finds, monuments and art? Do you get excited about the many possibilities of Linked Open Data and AI? Then we would like to talk to you about the possibilities within this position.
What are you going to do?
The Art, Culture and Heritage team has made its first digitization efforts in recent years. For example, we have developed a new website and implemented a new collection and archive management system. In 2023 we would like an e-depot and our collection management system will be renewed. Although these are great developments, we are not there yet. Our digitization is still ‘in its infancy’ and that is why we need your help.
Your work in outline
- Managing our collection systems and making our collections digitally accessible, including via our website www.historievanvlaardingen.nl.
- Analyzing what else we as a team need to optimize our digital data management and our services and make them future-proof.
- Initiating, supervising and where possible executing digitization projects and implementing new applications.
- Advising colleagues, management and board in the field of data management and digital services within our work area. You are the point of contact within our team for the development of information provision within our field of activity.
- Translate relevant laws and regulations, trends and developments into the daily work within our team.
- Ensuring that the knowledge from the heads of your colleagues is recorded in the systems so that it is always accessible and can be used by everyone.
Who are you?
You are aware of the many possibilities of Linked Open Data and AI. Terms such as URIs, Persistent Identifiers and triples are a piece of cake for you. And maybe you have already heard of digital humanities?
We also find important:
- HBO working and thinking level with additional relevant knowledge and experience in the field of archiving, data management and / or digital services
- You have a heart for heritage
- You enjoy working together and are able to motivate, inspire and connect people
- You have a talent for organizing and planning
- You combine a sense of responsibility with curiosity and structured thinking
Your team and the organization
The Art, Culture and Heritage team consists of enthusiastic, committed professionals who are involved in art, culture, archaeology, monuments and historical and municipal archives. In addition to your own team, you work together with the various disciplines of the i-organization: functional management, information management, business intelligence, geo-specialists, project leaders, etc. You are their first point of contact.
At the municipality of Vlaardingen we look at society. Together with residents, entrepreneurs and organizations we work on the development of Vlaardingen. Our working environment is changing and our organization is changing with it. We do this professionally, where initiative is highly valued. We are all different and therefore we complement each other and work towards results, with room to learn and a sense of pride.
What do we have to offer you?
First of all an interesting challenge in a beautiful growing municipality! In addition, we attach great importance to good working conditions and work-life balance, so that you can be energetic and involved at work. What did you think about:
- Salary from €3,396.00 to €5,009.00 gross based on 36 hours (salary scale 10). Depending on knowledge and experience
- A good ABP pension
- Individual Choice Budget of 17.05% of your salary, which you can use as you wish for extra days off or other personal wishes.
- Hybrid working: Our town hall is located in the heart of the city center and the team locations are within walking or cycling distance. We also work partly at home. We provide the right facilities.
- More than 50 training courses in our own “Vlaardingen” School, so that you can always continue to work on your personal development.
- Travel expenses and homework allowance.
- An annual contract with a view to permanent employment. We like to invest in a long-term relationship.
Want to know more or apply immediately?
Are you the one we are looking for, but do you still have questions about the position? Please contact Péa Kraus on (010) 248 4000. Do you have any questions about the procedure? Our recruiter Suzan van Os is happy to talk to you. She can be reached on (010) 248 4364.
Of course you can also apply directly! Then click this link.
There is no closing date for this vacancy. We will contact you immediately upon receipt of suitable CVs.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Suzan van Os of the Municipality of Vlaardingen (
(010) 248 4364)
About the organization
Vlaardingen is harbours, herring, water, green, history and social on the Nieuwe Maas!
At the municipality of Vlaardingen, the windows and doors are open. Together with residents, entrepreneurs and organizations in our city, we are working on the development of Vlaardingen. Our working environment is changing and our organization is changing with it. We do this professionally, on the basis of equality and with guts.
We are looking for talents to further shape this together with us. We appreciate your own initiative and we prefer to see you active for our city together with Vlaardingers as much as possible.
Together we work on promised results, with room to learn and a sense of pride.
more about Municipality of Vlaardingen >
West New Zealand 6
010 248 4000
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.