Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Almelo
CISO (Chief Information Security Officer)
Apply no later than Sunday, December 29, 2999
HBO | 32 – 36 hours | maximum €6,470 gross per month for 36 hours | fixed term of one year with the prospect of permanent employment | Team Control & Audit
About the vacancy
The threat of ransomware attacks is increasing. Criminals are constantly trying to find an entrance. The (potential) consequences of an attack are also becoming increasingly serious. As a CISO you are responsible for the information security policy within the municipality and you stimulate information security awareness and risk-oriented work within the organization. You will work together with management, (technical) Information security officer, the Privacy officer and the Data Protection Officer. Do you ensure that the municipality of Almelo is and remains resilient? And are you able to reconcile the sometimes conflicting organizational and security interests? Then please respond!
What you’re going to do
- You advise management on the necessary measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and provide direction for the implementation of these measures
- You advise the board and management on the development of the information security policy and on the implementation of these plans.
- You initiate periodic security audits, risk, dependency and vulnerability analyses.
- You analyze the risks and threats that the municipality faces in the field of information security and draw up policy proposals to reduce these risks.
- In the event of security incidents and disasters, you act as the primary advisor to management and provide insight into the causes of the event and possible solutions.
- You stimulate information security awareness throughout the organization and set up awareness programs.
- You periodically report on security incidents and their handling to the management and board.
Your colleague speaking
Wouter Karperien, Team Manager Control & Audit; “The Municipality of Almelo has gone through a huge transition in recent years. The next steps must be taken now to ensure that the city becomes even more attractive for residents, companies and visitors. As a CISO you make a major contribution to this!”
What makes us happy
- HBO working and thinking level and you have experience and/or affinity with information security.
- Certifications such as CISSP and/or CISM are an advantage. Don’t have these certifications? Then you are prepared to achieve them.
- It would be nice if you have knowledge of the Government Information Security Baseline (BIO) and/or ISO27001/2.
- You take responsibility, show initiative and stand firm. You have good communication skills, focused on collaboration, but do not shy away from confrontation.
Does this make you happy?
- A working week of 32 to 36 hours per week with excellent home working arrangements and facilities.
- A salary in scale 12, between €4,781 and €6,470 gross per month, for a 36-hour working week. We tailor the salary to your education, knowledge and experience.
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% gross per month. You decide what you do with this. For example, as a contribution for your new bicycle or extra days off.
- A fixed-term agreement of one year with the prospect of permanent employment.
- Grow. Do you want to develop yourself? Please! We pay for your training or course.
- Almelo’s town hall is located next to the station and is easily accessible by public transport.
Welcome to the municipality of Almelo
Almelo is a city with a solid strategic development agenda. The city continues to grow with 4,000 homes and focuses on quality and opportunities for everyone, a city in balance, with good facilities. Striking high-tech companies in Almelo are global players and help determine the economy and employment of the future. Here too, Almelo is working on growth with new industrial estates. Almelo is already a strong pillar of Twente as a top technological region. We work with partners on attractive living, water experience and further renewal in the city center such as Stadskade and Westerdok. The team’s course and position are always tailored to the developments of the growing city. Almelo believes that an inspiring work culture of connection, courage and fun is important. She works on this by building a working environment with employees in which they feel valued, take responsibility, can develop and feel room to give and receive constructive criticism. There is a lot of potential in the organization. Employees are involved and loyal and often have a pragmatic and action-oriented attitude.
Welcome to the Audit & Control team
The Control & Audit team consists of various functions focused on the framework-setting and monitoring role. The CISO, data protection officer, business controllers and strategic planning and control advisors are part of the team. The team is positioned within the Corporate Affairs unit. This unit focuses on improving the (integral) strength and advice at group level – both for shorter-term issues and for the preparation of developments that will come our way in the medium term.
Do you like the position of CISO? Or would you like more information before applying? Feel free to call or email Wouter Karperien, Control and Audit team manager, via 06-25744085 or email@example.com. Do you have questions about the application procedure? Then Jan Jaap Akse, our Recruitment & Selection advisor, will be happy to assist you on 06-28408945 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Would you rather apply immediately? Then we would like to receive your CV and letter. Do it as quickly as possible, because as soon as we have found a suitable candidate, we will close the vacancy. Click on the application button and log in. No login details yet? Then register first. Fill in the requested information on the application form. Please send your motivation letter and CV as an attachment.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Jan Jaap Akse from the Municipality of Almelo (
About the organization
Almelo is a city with many faces and character. A bit quirky and down to earth at the same time. We also look for these qualities in the people who come to work for us. Professionals who are at the center of society. The interests of the city come first in everything we do. We work from the outside in and, together with residents and entrepreneurs, look for ways to permanently improve Almelo.
more about Municipality of Almelo >
Haven Zuidzijde 30
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.