Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Nijkerk
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Apply no later than Friday, March 31, 2023
We are looking for a:
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
As a CISO you are responsible for keeping the information security policy up to date, coordinating and implementing the policy. You advise on your projects, managing risks and preparing reports.
You are the point of contact for information security, both for directors, management and employees.
The safety policy of the municipality of Nijkerk is invested in the BLNP cooperation between the municipalities of Bunschoten, Leusden, Nijkerk and Putten. Together with the CISO of those municipalities, the information security organization of the four municipalities is formed under the coordination of the Regional CISO.
What are you going to do ?
- Partly responsible for drawing up, adjusting, renewing and reviewing the information security policy and plans arising from it;
- Acting as an information security advisor for new ICT facilities and major changes in the ICT architecture;
- Advising management on the elaboration of the information security policy in information security plans for their areas of responsibility, and on the implementation of these plans;
- Initiating or having carried out periodic security audits, risk dependency and vulnerability analyzes and the coordination of Ensia accountability;
- Coordinating and advising in the event of security incidents and sinful action in the event of calamities in combination with the data management officer (FG);
- Setting up and initiating information security awareness programs and advising on information and training of users in the correct use of information systems;
- Lead projects with the aim of implementing security measures or maintaining and improving the quality of security in the longer term;
- Checking the operation and compliance with the information security policy and resulting measures;
- Periodic reporting of security incidents and their handling to the portfolio holder
- Have security reporting reviewed;
Where do you come to work?
You are part of the information management team and there is also a close relationship with fellow CISOs from the other municipalities.
What do we offer you?
- First of all, a warm welcome from enthusiastic colleagues and a relaxed and informal working atmosphere;
- With a job that allows you to have an impact on the municipality of Nijkerk;
- A job with career opportunities in your own role and beyond;
- A municipality that pays attention to a good work-life balance and the possibility of hybrid working;
- An excellent employment conditions package according to the collective labor agreement of municipalities and depending on experience.
- An employment contract for the duration of 1 year, with a view to a permanent contract with good performance and unchanged circumstances.
What do we ask?
- HBO/WO working and thinking level;
- Possession of CISM and/or CISSP is an advantage;
- Several years of work experience in information security;
- Several years of work experience in a government agency is a plus;
- A large degree of independence to be able to tackle policy and implementation;
- Socially skilled and relationship oriented.
Who are we?
Nijkerk is a historic medium-sized municipality, centrally located between the turbulent Randstad, the beautiful Veluwe and Gelderse Valley! Dynamic and in full development. And that means challenges, because not everything is possible everywhere and all the time.
In our organization we want your talents to be expressed and that your talent can develop further – The right person in the right place.
Are you excited?
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and have you become enthusiastic? Then we cordially invite you to respond. If a suitable candidate registers, an interview will be scheduled immediately. When a candidate is hired, the vacancy will immediately go offline. You can apply via the application button www.werkenbijblnp.nl.
Get in touch.
Do you want to know more about this position, the team or the application procedure?
Please contact Ton Hazelhoff, Recruiter, telephone number: 06 – 43 49 33 64.
Check out our website: www.nijkerk.eu
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact the HR department of the Municipality of Nijkerk (
About the organization
Working at the municipality of Nijkerk means working at a modern government organization. We give you the confidence and responsibility to perform your work in the best possible way. Together with the colleagues in your team, you stand for the agreed results and quality. There is a lot of room within our organization to develop further, for example by taking on a job outside your own field of work. Are you an independent, flexible and enterprising professional? Do you like working together and do you want to mean something to society? Then working at the municipality of Nijkerk is really something for you.
more about Municipality of Nijkerk >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.