Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Westland
Apply no later than Thursday 1 June 2023
As a BI specialist, you get energy from sifting through and analyzing data. Understands not only data, but also the customer and end-user perspective. At the Business Intelligence Competence Center (BICC) you have an important role to take the organization into the world of data. You are responsible for translating customer demand into innovative dashboards in Power BI. Together with the product owner, you enter into discussions with user groups and provide advice on the impact and feasibility of customer wishes. You proactively think along and develop prototypes and functional designs in co-creation with the internal customer. You then link up with your colleagues within the BICC and other data experts within the municipality to further develop the prototype into full-fledged information products. In addition, you closely follow developments within your field and you find it important to contribute to the development and management of a municipality-wide BI framework. Think of validated datasets, library with reusable components, workspaces, naming conventions and a standard layout.
- Analyzing information product requirements, developing prototypes and relating them to source databases.
- Having publication data (sets) developed from source systems or data warehouse by fellow BI specialists.
- Visualizing publication data in BI information products for the customer.
- Converting existing reports on system resources (so-called direct-to-source reports) from Cognos to PowerBI.
- Supporting functional managers/key users to use and further develop delivered information products and datasets.
- You have a HBO work and thinking level and/or at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- You have strong communication skills, you are able to quickly understand the essence of business issues (“and the question behind the question”) and to translate these into appealing prototypes and designs.
- You are able to develop and manage management reports and BI products in a professional manner with our BI reporting tool Power BI.
- You have knowledge of and experience with SQL, DAX formulas and functions, Power Query editor (cleansing and transforming data), paginated reports, parameters and slicers. Knowledge of data modeling and DataVault is an advantage.
- You are aware of relevant trends and developments with regard to BI and you have demonstrable experience with the Scrum methodology.
- You are curious, analytical, careful, critical, communicative, customer- and solution-oriented
- You can work well independently as well as in a team
- You feel at home in a planned and project-based way of working
Terms of employment
- A salary of a maximum of €5,009.00 gross per month (for 36 hours).
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% with, among other things, the possibility to purchase holiday hours and purchase a bicycle.
- Flexible working hours that suit contemporary working.
- Possibility to work from home.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- A pension scheme through the ABP and an extensive package of fringe benefits, such as a travel allowance and an employer’s contribution to the costs of health insurance.
- Good training facilities (including the Westland Academy).
Knowing more? Please contact Gert Zondervan (Team Manager): call 0613348006 or send a message via WhatsApp. If you would like to know more about the procedure, please contact Jeffrey Mesker, recruiter: call 0683297417.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Westland. The Glass City. Thanks to the most innovative agricultural sector in the world, we are the fifth largest economy in the Netherlands. With more than 114,000 inhabitants who live, work, learn and recreate here. In a rapidly changing environment, we are always looking for a new balance. A balance between a growing economy and a pleasant living environment. Between accessibility and health. And between investing in new developments and caring for people who are struggling. The opportunities and challenges are great in our municipality.
What it’s like to work here
How do you see that? We are often asked that question. We are curious about your opinion. Within our organization you get the best out of yourself. This is how you flourish! As a person and as a professional. You get a lot of freedom and responsibility. And you work within a close-knit team. We believe that job satisfaction leads to better results.
You get the space to actively think along and show initiative. That is also necessary. Our environment changes quickly, so we change with it. That is also why our goal is to work with all employees in a contract-oriented manner in the coming years. As an agile and learning organization, we constantly look ‘outside’. To know what’s going on. And what we should focus on. That dynamic appeals to you. This is how we build a beautiful Westland!
What we do
As the municipality of Westland, we are there for our residents and businesses. We support our college of mayor and aldermen. We respond to the changing demands of society in a wide variety of areas. From applying for passports to involving residents in the design of neighbourhoods. That can always be done even better. The questions are often complex and interrelated. We are going to work on that every day. With each other.
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact Jeffrey Mesker of the Municipality of Westland (
About the organization
With over 100,000 inhabitants, the municipality of Westland is one of the thirty largest municipalities in the Netherlands. With its greenhouse horticulture, the municipality of Westland is an important economic engine. Westland is located between the metropolitan areas of The Hague, Delft and Rotterdam on one side and the coast on the other. A vital economy and a thriving community life ensure a dynamic and active municipality. Strength and ambition, innovation and professionalism; those are the key concepts that Westland is all about.
more about Municipality of Westland >
Avenue of the Glass City 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.