Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Tilburg
Architect Infra and Azure
Apply no later than Friday 3 March 2023
Tilburg is working on its future: vital, sustainable and inclusive. Quite a challenge with more than 2000 employees, more than 400 applications and a multitude of products. Do you want to contribute, from an architecture perspective, to support this as efficiently and effectively as possible? We invest in the movement to the Cloud, Common Ground, the Tilburg integration platform and a robust data environment.
What are you going to do?
- You work independently and together with your colleagues in the team and in the chain on future-proof architectures and system solutions for the organization;
- In the role of architect, you coordinate all activities that are necessary within the team to arrive at a good architectural design and to supervise the implementation of the architectural design;
- You contribute from your infrastructure/Azure specialization to one or more domain architectures; this can be either a municipal domain (such as social or support) or a generic architectural domain (such as security or case-oriented working);
- Together with colleagues and possibly external partners, you investigate and analyze a request for change within the infrastructure;
- You follow trends and developments in the field of IT and find it a challenge to apply these together with your colleagues in the architecture and in the organization;
- You contribute to the development of the technical infrastructure of the municipality of Tilburg by means of PSAs, target architectures and roadmaps;
- You contribute to the realization of the cloud strategy of the municipality of Tilburg within the entire enterprise architecture. To this end, you work closely with the Enterprise Architect, the Architects team and the technical IT management team manager. You manage suppliers for the realization of a future permanent infrastructure of the municipality of Tilburg.
What does your day look like?
Your working days will be very varied. You are primarily concerned with the infrastructure of the municipality of Tilburg. Within this you are the technical conscience and point of contact for the various stakeholders within the organization. You ensure that the desired architecture products are developed in accordance with needs and you also enjoy working on them yourself. You especially enjoy figuring things out together and putting them in a logical perspective. You regularly interact with your colleagues and, if necessary, external partners.
What are you bringing?
- Of course you are an IT person in heart and soul. And one that naturally switches smoothly with different personalities and parties. Whether they are seasoned technicians or complete laymen in this field, you know how to explain in understandable language what the Infra architecture entails;
- You have a basic HBO level;
- You have knowledge in the field of architecture (Togaf, Gemma), description methods (Archimate);
- You have knowledge of relevant developments in IT such as Cloud, security, HAVEN, Common Ground;
- You have demonstrable specific IT knowledge and demonstrable experience as an Architect in the field of technical infrastructure and Azure; certification for this is an advantage;
- You are able to work on multiple architectural levels and be of added value;
- You are flexible, a quick & creative thinker who gives energy in dealings;
- Of course you also have a sense of humor;
- You are someone who proactively seeks cooperation and shares information. You are customer-oriented and you can communicate clearly both orally and in writing and you have tactical skills;
You are available 32 to 36 hours a week.
What do you get in return?
- We strive for a working environment in which everyone feels at home and can be themselves. A diversity of experiences, backgrounds and talents in teams adds value to our organization and the city of Tilburg;
- The position is classified in salary scale 11 with starting scale 10. Based on full-time employment, this is a minimum of €3,090 and a maximum of €5,372 gross per month. Depending on your experience and current situation, we will make you the best possible proposal within this bandwidth;
- It concerns a structural function;
- A position within one of the best government organizations in the Netherlands;
- Choice of different training courses in the Tilburgs Leerhuis with which you can improve every day;
- Socially relevant work. Everything you do has direct consequences for residents, employees and partners of the municipality of Tilburg;
- Good work-life balance; full-time employment is a maximum of 36 hours, partial working from home is self-evident after the training period;
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% that you accrue monthly. You decide how and when you spend the budget;
- Are you traveling by public transport? Your travel expenses will then be fully reimbursed (2nd class).
Apply via the button below. Do you want to know more about the function? For substantive questions, please contact Anita Potters on 06-24659859, Enterprise Architect at the municipality of Tilburg, and for procedural questions, contact Brigitta Kop, team manager on 06-25766364. Questions about the application procedure can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the vacancy number: DIT23-06
More information about this vacancy?
Please contact the Human Resources Department of the Municipality of Tilburg (
About the organization
In Tilburg we work demand-oriented. The customer’s demand is central. We are constantly working on that. This means that we want to continuously adapt the organization to changes in society and to the wishes of citizens. Our ambitions are high: a municipality that stands for openness and results, where you work with pleasure and pride. It is not always known, but Tilburg is at the forefront of many developments. There is always room for improvement and that is what we strive for.
Working at the municipality of Tilburg means a good balance between work and private life and an excellent package of employment conditions. You can expect that from a large and modern employer. You get a lot of space. For example, to plan your hours at your own discretion. Even if it is necessary and convenient to work from home. In addition, no less than 30% of all employees work part-time. Excellent working conditions tailored to you.
more about Municipality of Tilburg >
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.