Employer name, application deadline, working location, working hours per week, salary/wage, and education level requirement are as follows:
Municipality of Gouda
All-round Civil Affairs employee
Apply no later than Sunday, October 1, 2023
Who will you work with?
The Citizen Services Team falls under the Services department of the municipality of Gouda and consists of 5 permanent employees who are close to the residents of the city. Together with our other colleagues, we ensure that our processes and guidelines are adapted to the needs of our residents, but also to the ever-changing legislation and regulations. The Citizen Services team knows what is going on in Gouda!
The Services department consists of 38 employees, including 8 special civil registrars (BABS), and a pool of flexible employees. The department is broad and in frequent contact with citizens and users of the municipality of Gouda. This also includes the editorial staff, graphic design, the customer contact center and the environmental counter. There are two team leaders who are responsible for daily management. The department head is ultimately responsible.
What are you going to do?
At the municipality of Gouda, as a Civil Affairs employee you are a real all-rounder! This is how you handle everything surrounding births, marriages, divorces and deaths. You are also responsible for assessing foreign legal facts, requests to become Dutch citizens and the population administration of the Netherlands (Gouda).
Does anything need to be changed or included in the Personal Records Database (BRP) or Civil Registry? Then it is up to you to assess and make it possible.
Due to the comprehensive range of tasks, you alternate direct contact with the customer with solving complicated cases (case studies). You also help to improve work processes.
Why is this the job for you?
The municipality of Gouda is digitalizing things, which is why the team is increasingly concerned with customization. This means that every file is unique and that you are constantly challenged to get the most out of yourself. For this reason, we are looking for a civil affairs employee who has energy to improve processes and work together with colleagues to create an all-round team.
What does your colleague say?
“In the team we respect each other’s opinions and ideas. By working closely together, everyone has the opportunity to grow and together we take the team to a higher level. Everyone likes to learn from each other, and together we can help the residents of Gouda better and better. Personal contributions and initiatives are welcomed with open arms. What makes our team truly unique is that we are always ready to help each other, even when things are busy.”
What do we ask of you?
You enjoy working in an enthusiastic team and you find service just as important as we do. In addition, you work accurately and you start working independently after a short training period. In the field of Civil Affairs, you have experience with the following activities or are willing to learn this:
- Drawing up birth, recognition, death and marriage certificates;
- Accepting, checking and processing foreign source documents;
- Requests to become Dutch;
- Branches from abroad;
- Creating, updating and correcting personal lists;
- Preparation of subsequent entries;
- Recognizing and detecting errors on personal lists.
You also recognize yourself in the points below:
- HBO working and thinking level;
- You have completed the following (or comparable courses): basic civil affairs training;
- Completed further training in civil affairs is an advantage.
- A good command of the Dutch and English language
- Knowledge of the French and German language is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the following applications and systems is an advantage: Key2Burgerzaken, Centric e-diensten, Zakensysteem.nl.
This is what we offer:
Gouda has traditionally been the city of cheese and syrup waffles. Tasty and diverse! A nice, medium-sized city with metropolitan challenges; because Gouda is developing rapidly. Much remains to be done in the coming years. That’s why we’re also looking for #tastemakers, because we can really use your ideas and knowledge! What flavor do you add to Gouda?
What do we offer besides taste?
- If your work allows it, hybrid working is possible, where we focus on a good work-life balance;
- Our House of the City with a #tasteful company restaurant and right next to the train station;
- Good ICT facilities including a choice of smartphones that you can use for work and private life;
- A sustainable travel allowance where we encourage people to travel to the office in a sustainable way;
- Flat organization with plenty of room for personal input;
- An individual choice budget of 17.05%, which can be used for, for example, training, extra salary or leave;
- Your own development budget to stimulate/shape your personal development;
- Wide range in the field of your development and vitality through the GoudAcademie, such as courses, (online) training, e-learning, webinars, master classes and e-books;
- < 35 years? Join 'Jong Goud' for personal development and networking drinks.
Would you like to sample the atmosphere? Then visit www.werkenvoorgouda.nl
Salary and contract
This is a position for 32-36 hours, where we always start with a one-year contract. The salary depends on education and experience and amounts to a maximum of €4,052 gross per month based on 36 hours per week (scale 8).
For a detailed explanation of our wide range of employment conditions, click here. Would you like to sample the atmosphere? Then visit www.werkenvoorgouda.nl
Would you also like to work with us as a #tastemaker? Please apply immediately via the button or the application form below. This is possible until October 1st. The first conversations are on October 5.
Do you have questions about the position, would you like to call or have coffee with a future colleague? Please contact Jasper Verweij, Services team leader, via email@example.com or via 06-48135520.
For more information about working at the municipality of Gouda or the recruitment procedure, please contact recruitment and selection via firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the closing date of the vacancy you will receive a response to your application as soon as possible. After an initial selection, we approach the candidates for a job interview. We hold a maximum of 3 job interviews, these interviews can take place both physically and via Teams. We may also use a reference study and/or (online) assessment. If you are our #tastemaker, you will receive a final employment conditions interview. We request a declaration of conduct (VOG) from all our new colleagues.
More information about this vacancy?
Contact Alexandra Snouck Hurgronje from the Municipality of Gouda (
About the organization
In Gouda there is a relatively large influx into Youth Protection and Youth Probation and the associated relatively high deployment of specialist assistance. The municipality wants to boost opportunities for the “down the stairs” project by appointing a
more about Municipality of Gouda >
Burgemeester Jamesplein 1
This job is posted on gemeentebanen.nl. Click here to apply.